Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Kjw Apprentice
Apprentice
Message 11 of 62 (2,741 Views)

Re: AtscTunerInputService fail error message

Sony support gave methe following instructions:

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 13, 2017, at 10:50 PM, "Esupport-4k@response.sony.com" <Esupport-4k@response.sony.com> wrote:

Dear Ken,

Thank you for contacting Sony Video and Sound Support.

We hope you are doing well.

We've reviewed your concern and understand that, you're getting an error message on the Android TV as "atsc tuner input service has stopped".

In this case, we recommend you to "Clear the Cache" on System app (Running apps) by following the steps mentioned in the given below.

Menu path: Please use the TV supplied remote control and press Home > Settings > TV > Apps > System apps (and Running apps, assuming it is in a running state).

Please feel free to get back to us for further assistance if you face any difficulty.

If you would like to be the first to know about our latest products and receive exclusive offers, please sign up for our newsletter:

https://subscribe.sel.sony.com

Thank you for choosing Sony and we appreciate your business with us.

Regards,

Shaw (C994)

Sony Video and Sound Email Response Team

<Clear cache.PNG>

I cannot not find the clear cache app.  Also, this action merely is a work around to the problem.

where is the clear cache app?

Expert
Message 12 of 62 (2,720 Views)

[ Edited ]

Kjw, I assume you have an XBR-55X850C, using software revision PKG3.709.0120NAB.

NOTE:  "clear cache" is not an app, it is a command--a selection.  If you do what they told you, you will see "Clear cache" is a selection.  When you see that, you choose that selection:  Clear cache.  (I hope that helps.)

You can clear the AtscTunerInputService (app version 2.32.2.d) cache if you navigate here:

Settings > TV > Apps > System apps > AtscTunerInputService

Or, you can navigate here:

Settings > TV > Apps > Running apps (when it is running) > AtscTunerInputService

Once you select AtscTunerInputService, you can see Force stop, Storage used, Clear data, Clear cache, Clear defaults, Notifications, and Permissions.  Select Clear cache.

I tried clearing my cache some time ago.  Since then, I haven't had any further AtscTunerInputService errors.  Good luck.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 13 of 62 (2,614 Views)

I have this problem as well. I purchased Sony tv Feb 2 2017.
Had tech support tell me to do factory reset. Did not help. I believe software engineers must fix software.
Kjw Apprentice
Apprentice
Message 14 of 62 (2,608 Views)

[ Edited ]

I ceared the cache, as directed, and it cleared the problem for awhile. But then I started getting different messages about various services stopping. Today the TV went blank and then re-booted on it's on.  I still have a problem, and it's in Android. It looks me like a memory leak, having worked with computers.

Expert
Message 15 of 62 (2,587 Views)

Kjw, sorry it didn't work out for you. I haven't had the issue again since clearing mine (but I also did a Factory Reset since that time, which I should have mentioned). I never thought about a memory leak...maybe you're on to something. I just hope Sony TV engineers can determine exactly what it is, and develop an easy update-type fix. (There must be MANY XBR owners who have seen this issue, who DIDN'T post to this forum...and that's something the folks at Sony should consider!)
Kjw Apprentice
Apprentice
Message 16 of 62 (2,576 Views)

Clear cache worked for awhile. Now I have the message: "Unfortunately, Watch TVHas stopped." I'm still getting different messages after the tv has been on for awhile. I suspect some kind of Android problem, and need Sony to address the problem. This tv seems to be very "buggy", and I am very frustrated and did not expect this kind of quality from Sony.

Expert
Message 17 of 62 (2,565 Views)

That sounds a lot more dire than my situation. I hope the error conditions revealed in this Forum are being forwarded to the Sony TV Engineers. For the sake of their loyal customers, they need to know.
Rookie
Message 18 of 62 (2,433 Views)

Re: AtscTunerInputService fail error message,, Sony caused this ?

This error message also I get at times, unfortunately, watch tv has stopped,  OK

Unfortunately, internactivetvplatform has stopped.

What is Sony doing about this.... this is a Sony problem.... its almost like you maybe not intentional, Sony has sent out a software but that has made our 65 inch 850C very hard to watch....

When can we expect a fix...

Enthusiast
Message 19 of 62 (2,382 Views)

I am also experiencing this message as well on my new 65 inch Sony UHD.  I have only had this TV approx. 60 DAYS.  This is not good.  I paid alot of money for this TV.  My family and I have enjoyed Sony Products for years.  I hope this is corrected as soon as possible.  I was watching Netflix and it came up and then the buffering started.  Was at the end of a movie.  Please Sony do something!  

Message 20 of 62 (2,335 Views)

Hi All, Sony Community!

Welcome to the SONY Community!

If you are getting this error, ATSC Tuner Input Service has Stopped on the TV  kindly  perform a factory reset on the TV.

For Android TVs:

1. Turn on the TV.
  2. On the supplied IR remote control, press the HOME button.
  3. Under the Settings category, select Settings.

Settings

4. Under TV category, select Storage & reset.

Storage and Reset icon

5. Select Factory data reset.

Storage & Reseteset

6. Select Erase everything.

Factory Data Reset

NOTE: If asked to provide a password, enter the password for the Parental lock (Broadcast).

7. Select Yes.

FDR Yes

For All other TVs:

1. Unplug the TV power cord from the electrical outlet.
  2. Allow the TV to remain without power for one minute.
  3. Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet.

NOTE: The TV should turn on automatically. If it does not, turn it on.

4. Wait approximately 40 seconds for the TV to completely start up.
  5. On the TV remote control, press and hold the UP ARROW button. Make sure the remote control is pointed towards the front and center of the TV.

UP arrow of the remote

6. While holding the UP ARROW button, press and release the POWER button on the TV set.

NOTES:

• Depending on the TV, Reset will appear momentarily on the lower left hand corner of the TV.
    • The TV may turn off and then back on.
    • If the TV remains off after following the steps above, troubleshooting steps are available if the supplied remote control will not operate the TV.
    • The button may be on the front, top or side of the TV. If your TV has an Energy Saving switch, be sure to press the POWER button rather than the Energy Saving switch.
    • Energy saving switch

7. Release the UP ARROW button.

NOTE: The initial setup screen displays if the above procedures were performed correctly.

8. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the initial setup.

Best regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook