4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 3 (177 Views)

Audio system communication failure

I just bought a new Sony Bravia X8500D tv and it won't play sound through my Yamaha YSP 1600 sound bar- it tries to connect but comes up with the message TV speakers active due to audio system communication failure. Yes I am using a hdmi cable in the ARC connection. I have tried the following things
-turning on and off and removing all plugs
- update all equipment
-optical cable connection

Any other ideas??
Message 2 of 3 (114 Views)

Re: Audio system communication failure

Hi Lrook,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/locale-selector?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,
~Ralph

Message 3 of 3 (57 Views)

Re: Audio system communication failure

[ Edited ]

Hi Lrook

You can try the following steps to see if it helps to resolve your issue:

1. Perform a restart on the Home Theater system/AV receiver.
    After turning off the Home Theater system/AV receiver, turn it on again and check whether the issue is resolved.

2. Connect and disconnect an HDMI cable from the BRAVIA TV and Sound Bar/AV receiver.

Check that the ports with the ARC label are connected to each other with an HDMI cable. The HDMI ports are labeled ARC on both the BRAVIA TV and Home Theater system/AV receiver.

3. Perform a power restart (reset) on the BRAVIA TV, Sound Bar and AV receiver.

IMPORTANT: Before performing a power restart (reset), check the following instructions. When connecting the external USB Hard Disk (HDD) with the BRAVIA TV, unplug the USB cable before the reset operation. If the USB HDD access light is still  flashing, do not unplug the cable until it stop flashing.

After turning off the home theater system/AV receiver, restart the BRAVIA TV.

4. Check BRAVIA TV system software is updated to the most current version.

Hope the above steps help. Thanks!

Regards

Ann

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook