Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert
Message 161 of 220 (2,128 Views)

Re: Can I connect bluetooth headphones using bluetooth pairing to my Sony Android TVs

And here's EHB again, here to tell us that jet fuel can't melt steel beams. Sigh.
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 162 of 220 (2,104 Views)

Re: Can I connect bluetooth headphones using bluetooth pairing to my Sony Android TVs

I'm so annoyed I have registered for this forum just to add this comment which I don't normally get involved with.I Just have to say this is the first time I bought a premium brand TV £1000 and premium brand Bluetooth earphones that costs me £140. TV and head phones were Sony. I am so annoyed that's Bluetooth earphones don't work with Sony TVs that I will never buy a Sony again! Seems like they just can't be bothered the basics premium TV!
Expert
Message 163 of 220 (2,066 Views)

Does your TV show the notice for the upcoming update in the app area?    And if so, does it show bluetooth audio as a new feature?  I thought most or all of the 2017 models were supposed to get that.   I thought a few people had mentioned getting some of the other features but nothing about bluetooth yet. I see the notice, but no update yet.

Enthusiast
Message 164 of 220 (2,045 Views)

Hello,

Firstable sorry for my poor english but I will try to do mu best...

Sony made some wrong choice to save some $ on TV sold more that 2000$.

1. The application processor selected : a poor mekiatek (MT5595) with no 4k/UHD native suport for Android that do not allow, for exemple, 4k internet browsing.

2. Not use additional bluetooth chipset (companion chip) allowing high quality audio bluetooth (including low latency APT-X) : this kind of chip do not cost more than 1$.

So Sony sold +2000$ TV with very good Sony video processing but with very low cost chipset to run Android (and with minimum flash memory). Mediatek is known as a low cost chipset company, not as a premium.

I also want to say that I am not agree that coding audio required too much processing.

Please give us some metrics : how many Mips (Million Instruction per seconds) this kind of computing required and compare this to global Mediatek available Mips (with two Cortex A17 and two Cortex A7) ?

A Motorola Moto G (first generation) is able to handle Bluetooth APT-X sound with no issue on gaming performance (no sensible impact).

Now using external audio bluetooth (or other kind of radio) headset is not a bad solution but sound quality could not be comparable if you do not use digital sound output of the TV. If you use analog output TV will convert digital audio stream into analog signal and then your external transmitter will convert to digital (and finally your headset to analog) : too much digital/analog convertion are not good for audio quality.

Has workaround of that Sony do not want to make any effort to provide normal bluetooth support I bought an APT-X low latency bluetooth transmitter with dual headset support. This tranmitter has an digital audio input (optical) that prevent too much sound quality lose (and preserve low latency). The price is not expenssive around 25$.

So people do not ask for a unicorn because there is no real technical issue to provide bluetooth audio on Android TV.

Sony made some low quality choices and I understood the anger of clients.

BR,

Franck

(Engineer and expert in semiconductor)

Apprentice
Message 165 of 220 (2,030 Views)

Man give it a rest please. This works just fine on my fathers television through headphones. Is his TV magic? Does it have special powers? No.

Much like using bluetooth on my phone watching a movie, or iPad, or computers.

Give it a rest.
Enthusiast
Message 166 of 220 (1,893 Views)

I bought my Sony bravia 950 d it has Bluetooth settings but iam unable to connect it with my iball headset kindly explain it
Expert
Message 167 of 220 (1,887 Views)

Pre-2017 models have bluetooth pairing for keyboards and game controllers but no audio support.    Most 2017 models are supposed to get audio support in the upcoming android 7.x update (not sure about the ZD9, my *900E just updated so the update notice that said which models get it is gone now).     I'm happy to report that the *900E does in fact pair with audio devices after the update.   I'm not really interested in headphones, but I have a large-ish speaker (a Sony GTK-XB5)  that I use outside on the deck just outside the room with the TV and it will be great to have sound there without poking holes in the walls.

Enthusiast
Message 168 of 220 (1,760 Views)

I just got a Software Update notification, so I went ahead with it, and my 2016 Sony Bravia XBR65X750D is now running Android 7.0 (Nougat.)  Feels quite a bit snappier, and the Settings menu is refined.  There are some other cool features (like Picture in Picture) that I have yet to play with.

Looks like the Bluetooth audio feature *has* arrived, it's just available to other (newer, higher-end?) models:

X940E

X930E

X900E

X850E

A1E

Bummer. I guess I'll just  keep using the BT transmitter I have plugged into the headphone jack, which has been working pretty well for me.

Enthusiast
Message 169 of 220 (1,378 Views)

My New XBR55X900E pairs with my JBL Everest 700 Headphones. Smiley Happy

Enthusiast
Message 170 of 220 (966 Views)

HEI SONY...WHEN GIVE US A2DP CODEC ??????? 

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook