Welcome to the Community!

4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert
Message 11 of 19 (916 Views)

Re: Firmware update (4/18/2017) for 850c released

Thanks @Danabw. As always your the man with the answers, and always appriciated. Looks like it may be time for me to update. Thanks again, stay well.

Expert
Message 12 of 19 (908 Views)

Thanks for the information everyone posted here.

I have been keeping my 850C on the final 5.x / Lollipop update, because I heard some pretty risky things with the first 6.0 / Marshmellow update. That, and my TV didn't find the update at all from the set itself, so I pretty much just stayed on the older update.

However from what Im hearing, about this being a more stable update, and if anything, a problem that has a pretty well-known and simple solution, puts me at ease and probably will wind up updating my TV within the next couple of days.

Thanks again!

Rookie
Message 13 of 19 (693 Views)

Is anyone having issues with Bravia Sync since this latest update? I tried to initiate sync and it's not picking up my Sony CT-380 soundbar or my PS4. Help? 

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 19 (689 Views)

Just did the update on my 75" 850c. Everything went as it should. Tested as much as I could. Setting are in place as before, etc. So far so good. Hopefully my random reboots stop. Fingers crossed.

Would like to see the Youtube app updated.
I just upgraded to a Samsung KS8000 65" in my bedroom (with 6.1 surround (Klipsch Reference), 2 Subs and my old Yamaha receiver and blu-ray player)
It has the updated YouTube app where you have HDR availability with display info. Missing it on my Sony in my home theater room. Hopefully we get it at some point.
love for you
Rookie
Message 15 of 19 (652 Views)

You'll have to wait on Google to update YouTube for android tv.
Most Samsung smart tvs run on a different os.
Expert
Message 16 of 19 (614 Views)

Is anyone out there using Plex with the latest Android/Sony updates? If so, what are your thoughts and experiance's? I'm still on Android 5.1 and havn't taken a Sony update in over a year. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

BTW: Thanks to everyone posting on this thread. It's been a great help and relief, to hear some good news about an update for a change. The Plex thing is my final concern before taking this update.

Thanks again.

Enthusiast
Message 17 of 19 (583 Views)

Stay away from it.... thsi so called firmware update is just a TV destroying virus that will brick your TV.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 18 of 19 (120 Views)

Hey all, new to the community and hoping for some assistance. Recently set up my 65" 850c with a few emulators and some game controllers, using a usb stick plugged into the back for the roms. These were accessible via /storage/sda1. After the update I can no longer find that path. I can see the USB drive in ES File Explorer, and can see the files, but the emaulators seem to start their browsing at root or "/" and I can't seem to find the path to the USB. Either it is hidden in /storage (only showing emulated and self folders there now, which are inaccessible) or it is somewhere else in the directory. 

As I only set this all up a few weeks ago, this is pretty irksome. Any advice?

Enthusiast
Message 19 of 19 (102 Views)

So for anyone else who comes across this problem after the update, let my long day of frustration help you...

• When putting a new USB stick into the TV, you will have to format it from the TV select the device, then "Format as Device Storage."
  • It may tell you after formatting "the device is too slow" click ok
  • It will then ask you if you want to migrate data, chose the "later" option.
  • Now in the storage menue under Device Storage, you will see your internal as well as "USB Drive", select the USB Drive
  • Choose "Erase and Format"
  • Then "Format"
  • Once this completes you will have to back out of the menu till you get back to the Storage and Reset home. The device should now be listed as "Removable Storage," and should be available in /storage with some arbitrary name.

Quite a bit of messing around, but my emulators can once again see the usb drive.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook