Welcome to the Community!

4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 7 (766 Views)

First Sony TV And I'm Furious!!!

Have been a loyal Samsung owner for over 10 years. Decided to finally give Sony a try as I bought into the hype of "full array display" etc. Purchased a 940E and the picture looks wonderful, however I'm experiencing flashes of black screen for a second on Cable tv and PS4! I've been reading that this is plaguing other sets and is most likely due to the recent update that included Dolby Vision.

Sony, if you are reading this is unnaceptable! We didn't pay thousands for a TV, go through the extensive cost and time to get the thing mounted on the wall for you to send out an update that basically makes it a nuisance to watch! This is downright embarrasing, especially when folks who had Superbowl parties have to deal with the screen flashing black intermittently. This is terrible QC. Folks should not have to wait for weeks for a fix that basically makes a $4,000+ tv unusable. Your engineers should be working overtime day an night to either roll back the previous update or patch with new firmware. I'm beginning to regret my purchase.

Expert
Message 2 of 7 (642 Views)

Re: First Sony TV And I'm Furious!!!

[ Edited ]

Simply put, they don't really care what we go through. Their only offer to help is to say that they understand and is sorry. A fix is coming "soon" or "in near future".I already posted on how and why they won't offer any other type of resolution. It's been nearly a month and still nothing. I too have bought Samsung tv and this is my first Sony tv in 10 years. Totally wish I can toss it straight to the their enjineering dept with a sign "fix this!"

Message 3 of 7 (550 Views)

Hi Hellavagi, 

I sent you a private message. Kindly check your inbox.

Regards,

Jerome

Expert
Message 4 of 7 (541 Views)

"Hi Hellavagi,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused you. Our engineering team is diligently working on a solution to fix the issue. You can rest assured that your feedback will not go unseen, and will be directed to the relevant department.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued patience.

Regards,

Jerome"

While I know you're just doing your job as a mod, but...

So in response to me saying that all Sony has done was to give the same tired answer of apologies and that a fix is on the way, you decided to answer with the exact same message. I've heard this answer so many times that I don't even know why you bothered to send it. Frankly, I don't really care about your apology and my patience ran out a long time ago. It's been almost a full month since my new tv have had issues and none of your departments will do anything other than make us wait. At this point I would have expected a replacement so that I won't have the new firmware installed. You say that my feedback will not go unseen. Sure someone will see it, but will something be done about it? No. If they cared I'm sure I would have been offered a resolution by now. So no, I won't be getting another Sony tv and if I could have I would have gladly replace it with another brand that values their customers.

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 7 (481 Views)

I had the same problem with a xbr75x900e and I did not install the latest firmware. My solution, closed the automatic image mode! and since no black flash. Do this and hold the on / off button on the remote until TV reboots.
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 7 (402 Views)

[ Edited ]

Something good heppened that led to a resolution. Long story short, I went back to the store for another reason and ended up with them decideing to just give me another tv. This one didn't have the latest firmware on it so it seems to be back to normal. 

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 7 (358 Views)

Make sure you have automatic updates OFF.... I got a new 930e and that was the first thing I did. And will wait until the firmware is fixed.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook