Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 2 (1,363 Views)

Has anyone connected a ps3 to a sony x900e ? (xe9005)

Hi, I recently purchased a sony x900e 49 inch tv to use mainly for gaming. when I connected it to the ps4 pro I had no problems. But then I connected it to the ps3, and the xmb menu looks great but when I tried playing games the picture quality became quite bad. It looks worse than my much older samsung 32" HD tv. Has this happened to anyone else ? Could the tv be defective or am I missing someting ? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Highlighted
Message 2 of 2 (1,332 Views)

Re: Has anyone connected a ps3 to a sony x900e ? (xe9005)

Hi kurt1129,

Welcome to the Sony Community!

Congratulations on your recent purchase, the X900E is indeed a great gaming TV. We are pretty sure that this is a simple setting that you may have missed knowing that the PS4 Pro utilizes HDR.

There is a possibility that the TV's HDMI signal format is set to Enhanced because of the PS4 Pro.This setting allows the TV to support HDR signals from connected HDR devices via HDMI. This setting may also result in bad picture quality when a non-HDR supported device such as the PS3 is used when it is left on. 

You may refer to page 68 of the link provided below on how to get to the setting in case you have missed it:

https://docs.sony.com/release//Help_C418100121.pdf

Additionally, the manual and link I sent you is the US counterpart of your TV. For accurate information and assistance, we recommend that you visit http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/ for information on how to contact our support team in your region. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to provide support.

Best regards,

Mark

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution".

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook