4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (1,087 Views)

How to disable Google streaming channel starting when television is turned on

Hello

Since the last update (21 June 2017) google streaming channels start whenever I turn the television on, instead of going to the home menu.

How can I get the TV remain on the same input it was using or go straight to the home menu whenever the television is turned on?

Regards

K

Message 2 of 4 (1,047 Views)

Re: How to disable Google streaming channel starting when television is turned on

Hi KingsleyM,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

^Ron

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4 (1,000 Views)

Re: How to disable Google streaming channel starting when television is turned on

In the setting menu there is a 'channels' section. I'm not in front of my TV right now, so I can't give you an exact walkthrough, but if you remove everything Google from that section it should stop doing that. Also remove it as a source in the quick access bar. My TV was playing trailers as soon as I turned it on - some of them not entirely appropriate for my small son - and this tweak disabled that as well.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 4 (901 Views)

Thanks CodyKG

I've tried to de-select the streaming channels but they still appear. Like you I have ayoung child and have had to implement a parental lock on the streaming channel in order to prevent the advertising showing.

Now i get a "parental lock" screen when I start the TV. I would prefer it just to go to the start screen. 

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook