Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 12 (169 Views)

How to pair TV's remote with cable box through the soundbar...

I have a Sony XBR-55X810C and its connected through the ARC port to my HT-CT370 soundbar. The problem is i cant control my TV cable box with my TV's remote. The cable box is connected to my soundbar. Can someone please help? Thank you.

Message 2 of 12 (142 Views)

Re: How to pair TV's remote with cable box through the soundbar...

Hi PeteT,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

We cannot pair the TV's remote to control non-Sony device. The remote is designed to control the product that it originally came with.

Regards,

-Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Expert
Message 3 of 12 (138 Views)

If the tv has an IR blaster and the cable box is one of the models the TV knows you should be able to configure it that way.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 12 (134 Views)

I ordered the usb IR Blaster and hopefully that will do the trick. I reached out here to make sure i m not missing something...

Expert
Message 5 of 12 (129 Views)

My TV included the IR blaster and it works, but the mapping between the TV remote and the cable box operations isn't exactly straightforward, especially for the DVR and menus - and I don't think there is any documentation about what the color buttons, etc. are supposed to do.   I ended up keeping my cable box in a location where we can use it's own remote although I would have preferred to have it out of sight.

Message 6 of 12 (84 Views)

Hi PeteT,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

The XBR-55X810C doesn't have an IR Blaster function. As you can see, the IR Blaster is not supplied and not a recommended optional accessory that will work with the TV. Please see the details below: https://docs.sony.com/release//specs/XBR55X810C_mksp.pdf

Regards,

-Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 12 (60 Views)

I m getting the IR Blaster tonight...if that doesnt work...what are my options?

Expert
Message 8 of 12 (57 Views)

The expensive brute force way is to get a Harmony universal remote that can be programmed to control multiple devices, selecting inputs, etc. for different functions, and use this instead of the TV remote - you need a PC to program them, though.

My cable box remote will work the other way around - that is, it can be configured to control the TV power and the receiver volume so that is what we mostly use.

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 12 (49 Views)

I have Harmony Home but its flaky...Thats why i wanted to control everything from the sony remote. Problem still exists, the IR blaster doesnt work. This ******. So frustrating.

Expert
Message 10 of 12 (47 Views)

I haven't heard of too many problems with Harmony remotes - maybe that is solvable.   I have a 650 that works too, but like the cable box's own remote better because the dvr access buttons are more obvious.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook