Welcome to the Community!

4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 2 (137 Views)

KD-55X9300D - All I want is 3D!!

Can anyone answer why my less than 6 month old TV refuses to display 3D?

I am loading a disc (Rogue One) and the TV detects the 3D signal and switches to 3D mode - so yes technically the TV is displaying 3D - however shows a 'double image' as if you watch the screen without glasses (but much worse). I have tried other films as well as other 3D players with the same result. I tried the same discs on an older model Sony TV and they play fine. I have watched 3D movies on the 55X9300D previously but ran into problems early in 2017.

The TV is not in 4K mode.

I have tried all the recommend factory resets and from what I understand it is an issue with the firmware. A new update as automatically applied last night and still have the same problem.

How long are we expected to wait for a fix - it has been several months now and no fix in sight.

Next step is to return the TV to the retailer as it doesn't do what it is advertised to do.

Appreciate any feedback from either Sony or people who are having same / similar issue.

Cheers.

Highlighted
Message 2 of 2 (118 Views)

Re: KD-55X9300D - All I want is 3D!!

Hi Beaglz,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/locale-selector?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

~Ralph

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook