Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 3 (149 Views)

KD55XE9305 + HT-RT5 5.1 + Sony PS4 Pro

Hi all,

I have the following configuration:

KD55XE9305 + HT-RT5 5.1 + Sony PS4 Pro + ****** Media

I have the PS4 plugged straight into the TV. 

The HT-RT5 is plugged into the ARC on the TV with the ****** plugged into the HT-RT5.

When I go to play some games however on the PS4 Pro it tells me that although it supports 4k HDR for that game, my TV is currently not configured in a way that supports this. 

Can someone please advise how I should be configuring all 3 of these devices (all Sony) to best work with each other? 

I obviously want to be using the maximum quality and features of it all, especially 4k HDR PS4 Pro games. 

Thanks

Neil

Expert
Message 2 of 3 (129 Views)

Re: KD55XE9305 + HT-RT5 5.1 + Sony PS4 Pro

Not sure what got censored there, but the first thing to check is to see if you set your hdmi input setting to be enhanced. Not sure about your particular tv and receiver, but usually it's either in system menu or hdmi input. Since you plug the ps4 to the tv, only the tv needs to be set to enhanced, but if any video is going through the reciever then you have to set that too. If they're alrady set to enhance then maybe it's your hdmi cable. Unless your cable is before 2010, it shouldn't be an issue.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 3 (123 Views)

Re: KD55XE9305 + HT-RT5 5.1 + Sony PS4 Pro

The missing word was V1rgin media. ****** auto sensors. 

I'll try that tonight thanks. 

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook