4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apprentice
Message 11 of 197 (3,664 Views)

Re: Loud Beep with latest firmware XBR-65X900E

XRB65X900E

I get the same ****** beep when I switch out of Dish DVR or delete a DVR'd program.  Just started after last software update.  Wife is super happy to have huge beeping TV in living room.  Thanks.  Someone please remind me why I paid an extra $1000 for this TV over Vizio.  AAAAaaargh.....

Apprentice
Message 12 of 197 (3,658 Views)

Do NOT download the current upgrade. As you can read here it seems to be affecting multiple devices and different cable systems. It is not a cable box problem.
Enthusiast
Message 13 of 197 (3,565 Views)

After the online chat support and the inital call, and the the subsequent call to cable, and then another back to Sony and leaving me with telling me I'd get a call within three days from Sony.  So they called yesterday to walking through some of the same troubleshooting, and then telling me that the case would be passed onto another level of support, and that I'd be getting another call.  Someday.  Any answers anybody?  The beep goes on- Learning to hit mute at the right time, which is annoying on top of the annoying.  

Rookie
Message 14 of 197 (3,557 Views)

My Tv has the loud beep when I rewind or fast forward through a show I want to watch, whether its a recorded show or rewinding a show I am watching. Also began right after the upgrade. 

Enthusiast
Message 15 of 197 (3,553 Views)

Yes, you have found the right place.  But there are also no answers here yet.  

Apprentice
Message 16 of 197 (3,500 Views)

[ Edited ]

I'll enter my name to the list. XBR-75X900E, Spectrum cable box, beeping in DVR when pausing, playing, fast forwarding or rewinding.

Just bought it. It was delivered today. No problem until the system update.

Still, it's better than the Samsung TV I returned 3 of. Hope for an update soon.

Enthusiast
Message 17 of 197 (3,438 Views)

Same issue with my XBR55X900E.  Anytime I go to resume paused video from the Dish Hopper, get a whine and then a popping sound.  And to think, I went with a Sony set over a much lower cost set because I was concerned about quality issues.  

Enthusiast
Message 18 of 197 (3,428 Views)

[ Edited ]

They called again today., the next level of support people at Sony... they said some with Spectrum the problem has been solved... They said the majority of the people with this problem mostl likely won't have a new software update that wil hopefully fix the problem until mid-February.  Mid-February.   

Enthusiast
Message 19 of 197 (3,418 Views)

Just started getting the loud beeping as well.  Has Sony removed the update before more customers get screwed with this piece of garbage zero QA software?  

als Apprentice
Apprentice
Message 20 of 197 (3,373 Views)

I have the same problem with my Sony XBR-65X850C. This started just after the software upgrade I did on on January 19,2018 . There is about a one second high pitched noise (beep or screech) whenever changing from fast forward to the normal "play" speed. Same is true of going fast reverse and then hitting play. I have Spectrum cable and it is driving us nuts when using the DVR to skip through commercials. I spent several hours with Sony support and am very disappointed at their lack of help. I tried all the reset options and also moved the cable box to a different TV (Sony non-smart KDL-46EX500) and there was no sound problem so it is not the cable box but the TV. I wish there was a way to go back to the previous software but it said this was a major upgrade (!?!!) and you could not roll the software back. For me this has been a major downgrade.

This problem emanates from recent software upgrade and lies with TV and NOT CABLE. Sony needs to step up and solve this problem. The "update" should be removed so more people don't get this problem.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook