Welcome to the Community!

4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apprentice
Message 51 of 197 (1,459 Views)

Re: Loud Beep with latest firmware XBR-65X900E

This did not work for me. Same equipment. 

Enthusiast
Message 52 of 197 (1,390 Views)

I posted this earlier and wondering if this is something for folks to try? Turn off Dolby on their cable or Satellite boxes.

SOLUTION FOUND with DIRECTV:

My XBR75X900E with DirecTV DVR did the same popping and screeching sound after the 1/20/18 update. I found a workaround solution to stop the problem by turning DirecTV's Dolby-Digital option to Off. This may also work on other DVR's/cable boxes? Seems like Sony's implementation of Dolby over the HDMI interace has a bug. Hopefully Sony can fix this ASAP and I can re-enable Dolby.

SOLUTION=> In the DirecTV Menu, Settings and Help, Audio, DOLBY-DIGITAL=OFF.

Note that I've also read that some folks resolve the issue by turning Dolby-Digital to ON if it was off.

Enthusiast
Message 53 of 197 (1,309 Views)

For those of us that haven't updated yet, is there a way to block the update (and stop the constant nag screen)? I've been reluctant to update but Im afraid one of the kids will eventually click the update button.

Expert
Message 54 of 197 (1,279 Views)

You can turn off auto update but I think if the update is already downloaded and waiting to be install, it'll keep remind you. Not sure about that. Tell everyone in the house not to update the tv. 

Enthusiast
Message 55 of 197 (1,199 Views)

Worked for my Dish network too. Turned off Dolby, all was well (except I now don't have Dolby sound). Get busy Sony. This bug is going to affect the review I post on my new 900E TV.

Enthusiast
Message 56 of 197 (1,151 Views)

[ Edited ]

Same issue as everyone else. I have spectrum cable and could not figure out any work around and nothing posted worked.

I switched out our cisco hd playback cable reciever for a samsung one at the Spectrum store. No More Beep.  With the new box

Hopefully, Sony fixes this because it was  an inconvenient (but luckily worked) process.

We have a holdover package, whole house dvr system from Time Warner. Spectrum does not offer this service anymore so we had to make sure we got a compatible playback reciever.

Possibly exchanging older recievers for newer ones will fix the system. 

We have Best Buy's Geek Squad- but the person we spoke with was not aware of the issue.

Very disappointed in Sony and the lack of response. 

Rookie
Message 57 of 197 (1,113 Views)

I am seeing the same issue with my XBT-55X850C.  I wonder how many people out there simply aren't listing this issue and dealing with it.  It has to be rampant.  It would be great if Sony would at least acknowledge and provide a time frame for a fix.

Expert
Message 58 of 197 (1,106 Views)

GIven their history, it would take them a week to admit there's a problem, another week before they announce it, and a month for the fix. All the while, not letting customers know what's going on and continue with useless support. 

Enthusiast
Message 59 of 197 (1,046 Views)

[ Edited ]

Well that's not exactly true... If you read back on the posts... I actually posted something that tells you they acknowledged it, and as well I gave an expected time frame that they gave me.  I was the inception of complaints about this thing... So... if you're new here... I suggest reading back. There are a lot of posts as of recently rehashing the same thing.... We know... We know... Call them... Posting here... good, but you are also preaching to the choir.  I'm sure this helps... but some things that people keep posting are reitteratons of the what we've established.  If you have an answer, great.  The troubleshooting... yeah... we've all done it; we get it.    

Enthusiast
Message 60 of 197 (943 Views)

My problem seems exactly as others, but I would describe the problem as a "Glitch" noise and pop sound - not a loud beep -

But everything else is the same - pause/play/FF/RW/search on DVR - didn't happen before latest update Jan 2018.

XBR65X930E - Audio glitching after update 

TV one month old - worked fine until last update Jan 2018.

Audio glitches - when using DVR (noise / pops) when pausing DVR, starting from pause and visual search, pause/play DVR -

- Using either Optical Output or Headphone output from TV - feeding audio system - noise on both.

- Isolated that the noise is NOT coming from DVR box

- Suggest error is in the circuit/code that syncs audio from external intputs (such DVR) to delay audio/picture sync for external audio.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook