Do you mean 
Expert
Message 21 of 143 (1,169 Views)

Re: Buyers Beware---Latest Patch introduces purple tint in fast paced scenes

We will not be silenced! 

Apprentice
Message 22 of 143 (1,153 Views)

Hey guys. Picked up a 65x930D today and noticed the purple ghosting watching ****** Fuller House on Netflix. Wasn't even a dark scene...
Apprentice
Message 23 of 143 (1,086 Views)

Like you said sir, i see the purple ghosting thing! and not in a dark scene!

Sony staff at least post here to heads up they will look into this problem!

My tv 65x930D

Expert
Message 24 of 143 (1,057 Views)

I played the game TLoUR on the PS4 Pro at the weekend on my 65XD9305 in 4K HDR and now I have seen the purple tint at edges during fast camera turns in dark environments. Smiley Sad

@Sony

Please fix this as soon as possible! Robot Mad

Expert
Message 25 of 143 (1,008 Views)

Sony, can we at least get a status update saying the issue as been communicated to the engineers? 

We at least deserve that much. 

Apprentice
Message 26 of 143 (941 Views)

I've decided to contact rtings.com regarding this. Here's what they told me. Let's see if this brings any attention to Sony.

"Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We will try to recreate the issue on our set now, and update the review with this information by the end of the week.
I will let you know what we find.

Daniel O'Keeffe
Rtings.com"

Expert
Message 27 of 143 (920 Views)

immersed wrote:

I've decided to contact rtings.com regarding this. Here's what they told me. Let's see if this brings any attention to Sony.

"Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We will try to recreate the issue on our set now, and update the review with this information by the end of the week.
I will let you know what we find.

Daniel O'Keeffe
Rtings.com"

Thank you! Hopefully they can bring more publicity to this issue so Sony can at least be more transparent. I don't want to keep on waiting without any response like a damsel in distress...

Apprentice
Message 28 of 143 (884 Views)

Re: (MAJOR ISSUE) Purple Tint on objects in motion (all x930Ds after latest patch!!!)

Just chiming in to comment that i am also experiencing this issue. Most notably on Battlefield 1 for Playstation 4. It is quite severe at times. Please fix!!!
Apprentice
Message 29 of 143 (884 Views)

Re: (MAJOR ISSUE) Purple Tint on objects in motion (all x930Ds after latest patch!!!)

Hi all. Just wanted to chime in that i am also experiencing this problem on my 65x930d. Most notably while playing battlefield 1 on ps4 pro. The purple tint is quite severe at times. Sony, please fix!!!
Enthusiast
Message 30 of 143 (875 Views)

I have the same issue on the European model (KD-65XD9305).

For me it was noticable for some time now, but too late for the return. Maybe latest patches increased the intensity of it, but it's not the cause.

Search on it, there are old reports years back about this on other Sony's models and official reply is that it's normal for LCD tech, it's called an Overdrive to refresh faster.

Some people were editing their service menus to fix it, but this model does not have those options in the service menu, at least that I could find.

If this doesn't get fixed in an update, I am never buying a Sony tv again. If I knew about this "fact" I would not pick this tv in a million years.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook