Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Specialist
Posts: 17
Registered: ‎12-18-2016
Message 61 of 145 (1,076 Views)

Re: (MAJOR ISSUE) Purple Tint on objects in motion (all x930Ds after latest patch!!!)

It really would be nice if one of three forum techs could respond and at least acknowledge the issue
Expert
Posts: 70
Registered: ‎11-04-2016
Message 62 of 145 (1,049 Views)

Re: (MAJOR ISSUE) Purple Tint on objects in motion (all x930Ds after latest patch!!!)


crashed97tsi wrote:
It really would be nice if one of three forum techs could respond and at least acknowledge the issue

 

that will not happen.. Smiley Sad

Apprentice
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎11-16-2016
Message 63 of 145 (956 Views)

Re: (MAJOR ISSUE) Purple Tint on objects in motion (all x930Ds after latest patch!!!)

Hey everyone. I've been back and forth with customer service this paat week. I've submitted all the info/screen shots of the problem and after evaluation they've arranged to replace my unit. Hopefully it's not a universal issue from the latest software update. Should be arriving within a week. I'll update with results.
Expert
Posts: 223
Registered: ‎08-29-2016
Message 64 of 145 (940 Views)

Re: (MAJOR ISSUE) Purple Tint on objects in motion (all x930Ds after latest patch!!!)


Cmgizzi wrote:
Hey everyone. I've been back and forth with customer service this paat week. I've submitted all the info/screen shots of the problem and after evaluation they've arranged to replace my unit. Hopefully it's not a universal issue from the latest software update. Should be arriving within a week. I'll update with results.

It is a universal issue, at least with the x930D. Let us know.if any newer revision mitigated the issue. 

Specialist
Posts: 17
Registered: ‎12-18-2016
Message 65 of 145 (932 Views)

Re: (MAJOR ISSUE) Purple Tint on objects in motion (all x930Ds after latest patch!!!)

Yes, please let us know. I am also going through support now and it would be nice to know if a new unit even fixes the issue.

Enthusiast
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎12-29-2016
Message 66 of 145 (842 Views)

Re: (MAJOR ISSUE) Purple Tint on objects in motion (all x930Ds after latest patch!!!)

I was all set to purchase this set when someone on another forum mentioned this issue.  Now I'm not so sure...  It sure would be nice to at least get an official statement from Sony in regards to this issue - if I know that they are at least working on a solution, then I would still purchase the set - but being that we're so close to the end of a "model year", I'm worried that the issue may never be fixed since they will be concentrating on next years sets.

 

Sony - can you please give us some sort of update?  Have you officially acknowleged the issue?  Are you preparing a fix?  

 

Thank you!

Expert
Posts: 313
Registered: ‎07-15-2016
Message 67 of 145 (807 Views)

Re: (MAJOR ISSUE) Purple Tint on objects in motion (all x930Ds after latest patch!!!)


jtrosky wrote:

I was all set to purchase this set when someone on another forum mentioned this issue.  Now I'm not so sure...  It sure would be nice to at least get an official statement from Sony in regards to this issue - if I know that they are at least working on a solution, then I would still purchase the set - but being that we're so close to the end of a "model year", I'm worried that the issue may never be fixed since they will be concentrating on next years sets.

 

Sony - can you please give us some sort of update?  Have you officially acknowleged the issue?  Are you preparing a fix?  

 

Thank you!


 

HA!

 

It was me!

Enthusiast
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎12-29-2016
Message 68 of 145 (790 Views)

Re: (MAJOR ISSUE) Purple Tint on objects in motion (all x930Ds after latest patch!!!)

[ Edited ]

My_name_is wrote:

HA!

It was me!


Ahh, so it was you - you're to blame!!  :-)  I thought that I had finally found *the* set for me - and you had to tip me off to this issue!  Although, after further research, this issue doesn't seem to affect everyone, so I think I'll stil give it a shot...  Or I may just get a less expensive 850d to "hold me over" for a few years until 4k/HDR/OLED matures a little...  Still can't decide - but leaning towards the 930d still.  Just would be nice to hear something "official" about this issue...

Specialist
Posts: 17
Registered: ‎12-02-2016
Message 69 of 145 (773 Views)

Re: (MAJOR ISSUE) Purple Tint on objects in motion (all x930Ds after latest patch!!!)

This is getting very aggravating. This issue does not let me enjoy games or movies, and Sony marketed this TV as the best for PS4 Pro gaming. This issue and the input lag are terrible oversights. If this isn't fixed by the end of my return window I am exchanging this TV for a Samsung KS8000.

Specialist
Posts: 17
Registered: ‎12-18-2016
Message 70 of 145 (759 Views)

Re: (MAJOR ISSUE) Purple Tint on objects in motion (all x930Ds after latest patch!!!)

If you are considering buying this TV, I think you need to consider  the following:

 

1. You will be spending $2k to $3K fo the TV. Factor in the cost of the UHD blu ray player, sound system, etc and you could easily be out of pocket at least $5k for a full home theatre setup with Atmos. 

 

2. Are you ok with a company effectively breaking a perfectly working product in a firmware update, and then just leaving the issue for 2 full months with no response, acknowledgement of the issue, offer to roll back the update to get the TV working again, etc. The $5K I spent is effectively unused right now because I can't watch any 4K content without this purple haze issue

 

For me, this is simply unacceptable that Sony has not even acknowledged the problem. The tech support I spoke to had no idea the issue existed, and was trying to get me to replace the set before I mentioned that I thought it was firmware issue. I was then told that engineering would be calling me in 24-48 hours and I have still not received a call (72 hours now). 

 

Every tech support specialist I speak to, I beg them to look at this thread ont he forum to see the photos of the issue and description of the problem and the OUTRIGHT REFUSE TO DO IT. It is baffling to be honest.

 

Also, your assuming this update will fix it. I really have no confidence that it will. 

 

 

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook