4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 5 (332 Views)

Manufacturers Warranty

I purchased my 65" Sony 4K Ultra HD TV from Best Buy in February 2017. On May 7, 2017 we noticed a pixel line running from top to bottom. We had also purchased the Geek Squad protection plan. They come out and deemed that our brand new TV is unrepairable. Best Buy will replace it ONLY for the amount we paid for the the TV, and not the most current model of our TV. They are also telling us that we are using the Geek Squad warranty and that we would have to buy a new plan. This is a CROCK!! The serviceman that came out said everything had to be turned into Sony and that the television was under manufacturers warranty. I need some help from Sony because I'm sure Best Buy is going to get FULL credit for a brand new TV and we are not. And now Best Buy is trying to get MORE money out of me by not giving me either the money back on my service plan or transferring it for me. I truly believe that Best Buy is trying to not only scam me, but scam Sony as well!!

Expert
Message 2 of 5 (318 Views)

Re: Manufacturers Warranty

I understand that you are complaining about BestBuy not being honest about their warranty, but your TV is still under the Sony warranty. Why not have them take care of it. Perhaps they would replace your current TV or fix it and return it to you without any additional cost.

You have the BestBuy warranty, but you also still have the Sony warranty.

Expert
Message 3 of 5 (317 Views)

[ Edited ]

Removed as duplicate. I guess I have to learn patience ...

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 5 (307 Views)

I'd contact Sony if I were you. It's unfortunate to hear that Best Buy is giving this issue to customers, but contacting the manufacturer is always another route.

Message 5 of 5 (271 Views)

Hi, Egordon93

Welcome to Sony Community! 

We are sorry to hear this experience. We have already replied to your other post here: https://community.sony.com/t5/Customer-Relations/Warranty/m-p/631664. We recommend following his suggestions/instructions to resolve this issue. 

Best regards,

Vincent 

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook