4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 3 (610 Views)

My home button doesn't work. Sony 49X8309C

Hi, 

Any idea why my home button isn't working? I've updated my software about a few months ago and after that when I press the home button on my remote, the screen just turns like transparent grey, and won't go to my home "page"... This means I cant use any of the softwares and apps that are on my tv. 

Any help?

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 3 (571 Views)

Re: My home button doesn't work. Sony 49X8309C

Had the same issue with this update on my XBR-75X850D. Contacted Sony Support and performed a Factory Data Reset. Couldn't get to Settings via Home screen, but could get there from Help (see below). This reverts to default settings, so you may want to note all custom settings prior to reset. Update was retained with reset. All good since July 4th.

Help/Toubleshooting/Settings/Configuring the TV/TV/Jump to the Setting Screen/Storage and reset/Factory data reset

Message 3 of 3 (520 Views)

Re: My home button doesn't work. Sony 49X8309C

Hi Chrisse, 

Welcome to Sony Community!

We're sorry to hear that you are having issues with the TV. We suggest performing a power reset by following these steps:

1. Turn off the TV.
  2. Unplug the TV power cord from the electrical outlet.
  3. Let the television remain without power for 60 seconds.
  4. Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet.

NOTE: If the TV is plugged into a power strip or surge protector, remove it from the power strip or surge protector and plug it directly into the wall outlet. If the issue is resolved, the problem is with the power strip or surge protector and not the TV.

5. Turn on the TV.

If the issue is not resolved, we kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Regards,

Jerome

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook