Welcome to the Community!

4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 11 of 20 (1,735 Views)

Re: Netflix stops at 25%....Android TV

Has anyone managed to reslove this issue? I have to uninstall the netflix update every other day otherwise my 55" Bravia TV will automatically update netflix and it will stop loading at 25% again.

I've just uninstalled the update for the 100th time over the last few months and netflix won't even load onto the main page now. 

Netflix works fine on my laptop and my samsung TV so I know there is not problem with Netflix. 

I've restarted my TV many times and installed every update without any success. This is getting very frustrating and I'm tempted to return the TV while its still under warranty. 

Hopefully another user can help or Sony will eventually respond!

Message 12 of 20 (1,669 Views)

Hi Rich2012,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

We are sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused. To best assist you, may we know the exact model number of your TV? You can post the information here or send me a private message.

Hope to hear from you.

Regards,

-Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Rookie
Message 13 of 20 (1,277 Views)

I've also had this same issue, and this is not the first time. It seems that every time Netflix launches an update, the Sony Android TV has this issue. And from this Forum, it seems Sony pretends there is no issue, because every time the recommendation is to check internet speeds and so on, reset TV and everything. This is ridiculous, like the other fellow said, Netflix is working fine on all other devices: computer, cellphones, ipad, even Nintendo Wii connected to the same TV (and please, do not ask to check for a connection issue/overlap here, the Wii is completely off when I turn on Netflix on the TV).... Come on, how many thousands of these TVs have been sold, most of them probably use Netflix, and many customers keep complaining of the same issue. 

Having to uninstall the Netflix updates everytime is a joke, for more than a month now. And no Sony or Netflix fix for this!? 

Sony and Netflix, please work this out for once and for all. Every other month having this issue is unacceptable!

Sony 55X855C

Rookie
Message 14 of 20 (1,277 Views)

Sony keeps pretending there is no issue with Netflix. All you read is recommendations of reseting, checking internet speeds, etc.. Every other month this hapens, it seems that everytime Netflix is updated. Like the other fellow said, Netflix is working fine on all other devices at home: cellphone, ipad, wii and desktop/notebook. The only place it does not work properly is on Sony Android TV, and the solution is, always, to uninstall the Netflix update, then it works until next time you turn on the TV. Other internet applications with streaming work fine.

So, please Sony and Netflix, work this out for once and for all! 

Rookie
Message 15 of 20 (934 Views)

Hello,

did anyone ever get a solution to this? I've reset to factory settings etc and it's come back as a problem again a day later. A real pain as Netflix works on all other devices including tvs. Thanks. 

Rookie
Message 16 of 20 (660 Views)

Erin are you even taking into account what are we complaining about? We know what's the problem, the Netflix automatic update!!! How shall we fix that? Is there a way to stop the automatic update of the app from the tv settings or it must be done from the app? Update the software so that we can do that or tell us to complain to Netflix, but don't let us regret every single day the fact of buying a Sony.....

Enthusiast
Message 17 of 20 (372 Views)

Has anyone found a solution to this? Sony what;s the deal? I bought a 4k tv thinkinkg I will take advantage of 4k content on Netflix and it worked for the first month. Now it just hangs at 25%. 

I have tried every single suggestion in this thread and then some. I;ve been trying to fix it for over a month no and no luck.

What gives Sony? By the looks of it I should have never bought this TV in th first place. 

Message 18 of 20 (318 Views)

Hi Kontrago,

Welcome to Sony Community!

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. To better assist you, kindly check your community inbox.
I send a private message. Thank you.

Regards,
-Jay

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 19 of 20 (144 Views)

[ Edited ]

I seem to be having the same problem with my new KD55XE9005 that came in this week. Tried out the Netflix support for the first time today; as soon as I started any video it would hang at 20%. Network connectivity is not the issue. Then stumpled upon this thread, downgraded the app and it started working immediately. 

Rather shocking that this problem apparently is there for half a year already without a fix: one would assume that after installing the latest updates of both the TV firmware and the apps something basic like "playing a video" would just work...

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 20 of 20 (126 Views)

Looks like this problem has been around a lot longer than a few months. I'm still waiting on any kind of response from the above Jay. He posted here he will message me, which he did, but once I replied he never responded back with any kind of solution.

The problem is when you are researching these TV sets threads like these don't pop up. I'm thinking about contacting a few of these reviews sites to see what they think. I'm seriously tired of this.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook