Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 2 (568 Views)

No Stereo sound through denon receiver kd75x8500d

Hi All,

I joined to ask this question.

Basically as the title says, i have the following setup.

Sony Bravia KD75X8500D hooked up to my Denon AVRX1300W

All other extras (PS4 Pro, Android box etc connected to the receiver)

So the problem seems to be whenever i try to watch a normal TV channel that isnt a HD and DD5.1 i will get no sound through the receiver, soon as i go to a hd channel it works with DD5.1

Same goes for any Apps i run on the TV itself (netflix, amazon) anything that states its 5.1 works fine but as soon as i try to watch something that is not 5.1 it wont play through the AVR and i have to switch to the TV speakers.

I have tried the following with no luck (still has the same issue):

• hooked everything through ARC connection
  • connected an optical from the tv to the AVR which just gave me the same (no stereo sound)
  • used just the hdmi from the TV to the AVR

When i use my PS4 or android box i have no issues stereo & 5.1 work. Same as if i ran netflix or amazon through them.

Ive tried changing the sound settings on the tv (Auto, 1,2 and PCM i think it was from memory)

Searched around but havent found anyone with the same issue (only people who have issues with 5.1 and not stereo)

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Message 2 of 2 (515 Views)

Re: No Stereo sound through denon receiver kd75x8500d

Hi Isszmeja, 

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/locale-selector?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,
~Ralph

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook