Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 4 (2,943 Views)
Accepted Solution

No power for 55x930d- Unit died

My 55x930d literally died 13 1/2 mionths after I bought it.  No power at all regisrtering on unit.  I have switched outlets and various other basic tests and unit literally died over night!  Very upset as this unit was extremely expensive.  Called customer service and they essentailly hung up on me and told me its my problem since its 6 weeks out of warranty.  I explained that I have the HTST9 sound bar and a ps4 and am a loyal Sony customer and they could care less.  I asked for some sort of warranty extension since it was literally only 6 weeks from expirtation.... parts or service or some credit.. anything... they told me to essentially "eff myself".

Message 2 of 4 (2,915 Views)

Re: No power for 55x930d- Unit died

Hi mjs105, let me send you a private message. Regards, Ella

Rookie
Message 3 of 4 (2,757 Views)

Thank you.  Sony stepped up to plate and personally took care of my situation to my full satisfaction.  I dealt with a caring US based customer service represenative named "Linda" who checked in with me regularly and folllowed up.  The off-shore customer relations that I was told is based in the Phillipines is awful.  I highly recommend avoiding them at all costs.  

Rookie
Message 4 of 4 (2,368 Views)

Our unit died after only 2 months. A technician was sent out a week after we called but the part he brought to replace was defective. After waiting another week without hearing anything, we called and the first time was hung up on. We called back and the second time the woman kept saying she needed a credit card. We couldn't see why they would need a credit card to replace a tv that doesn't work. They said they will have someone here within a week. We will see. So far, I have not been happy with the customer service.

Spoiler

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook