Welcome to the Community!

4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 7 (445 Views)

No power for Sony XBR930D

My Sony XBR55X930D televsion worked this morning, but this afternoon when I try to turn on the TV with both the Sony remote and my Xfinity (Comcast) remote nothing happens. Comcast claims there is no outage in my area (Tucson AZ). I tried unplugging the set and plugging it back in after several minutes but still no power. Batteries in both remotes are new

Any suggestions ? The TV is less than one year old and this problem has not occurred before

Message 2 of 7 (424 Views)

Re: No power for Sony XBR930D

Hi Cbthayer1,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

I sent you a private message. Please check your community inbox.

Thanks,

~Ralph

Rookie
Message 3 of 7 (318 Views)

I‘ve got the exact same problem and the tv is only like 8 months old.

I spent 3600 AUD on it and cannot imagine it this bad.

Sad and angry.

BTW, sony support in Australia ******. They do not even have their own repair team, instead they rent a 3rd party company called European Electronics.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 7 (249 Views)

Sony also sent a third party service for repair of my TV but the problem was not corrected (insertion of new board did not help). Sony did send me a new TV ..I was supposed to receive white glove service for this delivery but that did not transpire so I had to hire Best Buy(at my expense)to set up the new televsion (due to health issues my wife & I cannot lift the unit).

I hope this new TV is better than the previous one but currently I am very unhappy with Sony. My prior television was a Samsung which lasted 7 years (as opposed to 10 months for the XBR 55 X 930D)

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 7 (182 Views)

Since my last message, I spoke with Sony Customer Advocacy who agreed to refund the cost of the Best Best/Geek Squad fee . Once I receive the check I will post again. I will also let the community know if the new TV is functioning better than the old one.

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 7 (156 Views)

how was it now?

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 7 (132 Views)

The new TV has a great picture but we have only owned it for a week. The old TV completely failed after 10 months (and prior to that sometimes lost power for short periods of time) so it is far too soon to draw conclusiona about the new unit.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook