Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
wpd Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 8 (1,068 Views)
Accepted Solution

Olive-green tint on XBR55X930D

I recently bought a Sony XBR55X930D. I am becomming extremely annoyed with how dark images are being processed.

What happens is that there is an olive-green tint on greys, dark blues, browns, and blacks, mostly along the bottom third of the screen (but not limited to that area). Sometimes the tint is grainy-looking but usually apperas more like a haze or smearing effect, and is VERY noticeable.

This is happening on all sources.... HD tv input, Netflix HD and HDR, and normal dvd's. I can't confirm or deny if it happens on blu-ray dvd's yet or Netflix 4K.

I'm using standard picture format (reset to factory) and of course have tried playing with screen settings, but those settings affect the entire screen image and do nothing individually or collectively, to remove the olive-green color.

I'm trying to get service (and satisfaction) from the dealer. They are telling me that 55" and the 65" 930D are performing the same. I find it hard to believe that a set that retails for $2,499 often has a worse picture than our 7-yr old KDL-46EX710 when playing non-4K input.

Anyone else have a similar concern?

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 8 (1,009 Views)

Re: Olive-green tint on XBR55X930D

I have experienced the same olive green issues, along with purple tinted shadows and some gradient banding on certain blue and red color gradients.

Are you by chance on firmware pkg3.709.0120?

wpd Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 8 (964 Views)

Hi t-rav,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, that is the software version I have. Currently, Sony engineering is trying to reproduce the issue, and they are supposed to have an update for me by this coming Monday.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 8 (917 Views)

Did Sony ever get back to you?

Expert
Message 5 of 8 (911 Views)

Of course not. Support is total garbage.
wpd Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 8 (903 Views)

Hi guys,

Thanks for your interest in this topic.

Sony DID get back to me as promised on April 10th.  The result of their "research" indicated that the green tinting was "within normal specification" for this model and they were "sorry". Of course, this is rubbish. You can't make a determination like that without actually SEEING how dominant the green is on the actual set in question.

However, I'm happy.... the dealer came through for me and I'm swapping the 930D for a different model. Best of luck to all...

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 8 (808 Views)

It's cool that the dealer is working with you to resolve the issue.

Expert
Message 8 of 8 (738 Views)

yeah cuz sony sure won't

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook