Welcome to the Community!

4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 41 of 57 (1,513 Views)

Re: Problems since Android TV Update

I am also having the same issue with cable TV channels.  I turned off my TV this mornings and came back this afternoon and the TV will not display any of the channels in the guide.  TV says no signal for channels is available.  All other tvs in house work fine. 

Message 42 of 57 (1,456 Views)

Hi Ssamikmody,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

Please visit the link below for possible troubleshooting steps to fix this issue:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42970/

I hope it helps.

Regards,

^Ron

Enthusiast
Message 43 of 57 (1,367 Views)

My 800d tv is also doing the " when I press tv guide button I get a black blank screen". Only this Sony TV since latest update us doing this. Also randomly rebooting back on by itself.
Problems I did not have BEFORE the last update early summer 17.
Sony needs to release a patch SOON.
Highlighted
Message 44 of 57 (1,218 Views)

Hi Neverendingmods,

Welcome to Sony Community!

We regret to hear this issue with your television. In line with this, you can follow the guidelines from this link to resolve the issue: https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38458.

Regards,
-Jay

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 45 of 57 (607 Views)

I have Sony xbr 55x930d. Lately I'm having problems with Verizon fios box. It can't read the hdmi signal from the box after it's been off for awhile. Tried different ports and cables. Finally replaced the box too and still got problems. Only way to get the signal to go thru to tv is to power cycle the fios box. So annoying.
Enthusiast
Message 46 of 57 (479 Views)

I received the newest update beginning of November after an update in first week of October. The newest November update seems to have fixed all the problems previous October and earlier updates brought about.
Thankfully, Sony does seem to read and listen to complaints on this forum site. So if you are having issues after a system update start a new thread, or search for active thread after update problems, and as long as quite a few other people have similar issues Sony will take care of it with s future update.
Good for Sony on handling these problems rather quickly. Takes about 6 weeks after an update causes problems for resolution. Not too bad.
Enthusiast
Message 47 of 57 (478 Views)

The fios HDMI signal problem may be related to a setting in the fios cable box under "power savings" or similar. I found on my Comcast XF1 boxes I need to turn these off as if boxes go to sleep to save power the tv loses the active HDMI input signals until I unplug and if back in the boxes.
Enthusiast
Message 48 of 57 (373 Views)

I've checked the settings. Nothing is on power saving mode or auto turn off. Checked both the tv and box. I figured out by unplugging the hdmi cable when I'm done watching tv is a temp solution. Keeps me from doing the power cycle each time. I just have to plug the hdmi cable back in when I'm ready to watch tv.
Message 49 of 57 (290 Views)

Hi Pool4eva,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

Does this issue occur when using a different HDMI input? Have we tried using a different HDMI cable? For additional troubleshooting steps to follow, please check on this link to redirect you to the troubleshooting steps.

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/75501

Best regards,

-Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 50 of 57 (274 Views)

I have tried different inputs and cables. Same thing is happening. I think it's the the Verizon box. It technically never shuts off. When u "turn off" the box, it goes into screen saver mode where the Verizon logo just moves around the screen until u press menu to activate the box again. Idk if the tv is confused about that signal after a period of time. The only thing I haven't tried is getting a new tv at this point.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook