4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 2 (468 Views)

Sony Bravia KD-49X8500B switches off automatically

Sony Bravia KD-49X8500B switches off automatically after playing for unpredictable period of time. Some times it plays for half an hour and some times 3 to 4 hours. After the TV switches off automatically, the main LED under the TV (that’s the only one) turns red and blinks for nine times and then pauses for two seconds and repeats this endlessly. The TV cannot be started again atleast for 45 minutes or so. In order to start the TV again, it must also be powered off first, otherwise it does not start.

What is the meaning of LED becoming RED and blinking nine times?

I had registered a complaint with Sony and they sent a technician. However, the problem did not appear in the presence of the technician, who waited only 5 minutes to see it. Without any investigation the technician declared that it is a problem with the motherboard of the TV. I wonder how he reached that conclusion.

We started troubleshooting this problem on our own. The problem occurs irrespective of the media source, i.e. whether you play set top box or Blue Ray DVD or play YouTube via Wifi connection. The problem occurs while using all of the above sources.

We are using the One Flick Touchpad TV remote which came with the TV. The other regular remote with buttons is missing. So we only have the One Flick Touchpad TV remote. I some times wonder that the touchpad TV remote confuses the TV and causes it to hang and then shutdown. Is this possible?

Please suggest other ways to troubleshoot the problem.

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 2 (428 Views)

Re: Sony Bravia KD-49X8500B switches off automatically

similar issue with x900e. Sound goes off followed by a blank screen. Unresponsive for minutes. then it reboots. Now it's not even turning back on.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook