Welcome to the Community!

4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 10 (5,539 Views)

Sony xbr65x900c light bleed

Bought Sony x900c form BB around a month ago and it had lot of light bleed at the bottom. I returend it and got x850C which worked fine for couple of weeks and then whole screen started showing cloudy patches and vertical lines.. contacted Sony and they asked to send image of the issue, and surprisingly enough they came back saying that this is the way x850C screen is. Needless to say i was very frurstrated. I contacted BB and they changed it back for x900c saying light bleed issue has been fixed. Now I have new x900C and have same light bleed issue. Did not get any calls form Sony as well. Seems the issue is far form getting fixed and i am getting misleading info that issue is fixed.

I think the next setp is to do a formal complaint as seems they are ignoring a well-known issue. big time fan of Sony.. but time to move???

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 10 (5,432 Views)

Re: Sony xbr65x900c light bleed

I purchased a XBR65X900C about 3 weeks ago.  The set has severe light bleed in the corners and at the bottom.  Had BB Geek Squad out, they contacted Sony and took pictures that they sent off to Sony.  Sony technical service responded to the Geek Squad Technician, that what they have is normal. 

I am now at the mercy of Sony Technical Service who cannot even give me a phone number for customer service, so that is why I am on this God Forsaken sight to try to get answers.  Seems like once Sony gets you they give you no information or means of getting to CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Maybe the Sony Technical Services need to look at Samsung, Sharp, and Toshiba sets, they do not exhibit this issue and I am sorry that I was talked into a Sony at this point.  

Anyone else feel as frustrated as I do.

Ricmath

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 10 (5,424 Views)

Understand your frustration.. I got a call from Sony and they say light bleed is normal because this is "high precision " tv.. Really??? Anyone would laugh on this statement.. 2.5k and light bleed- Not acceptable. Come on Sony- This is not good!!!

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 10 (5,408 Views)

Have you had any success in getting your situation resolved?  That is the most frustrating thing.  They have NO CUSTOMER SERVICE.  If you have a problem you are out of luck, unless you can get technical support to step up for you.  That is not always easy either.  I am going to push back with Best Buy where I bought the TV and try to  get their assistance as well.  They have seen it and understand that it is not acceptable.  I am also going to try to push forward with Sony, scouring for any contact information I can get to get into their system for assistance.  Let me know how you make out on this.

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 10 (5,372 Views)

No. Was not expecting this from Sony. One of the probelm is- everyone knows that.. whole internet is full of this issue but ONLY SONY doesnt know about this. Seems they are hiding this instead of having recall.

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 10 (4,183 Views)

I have the xbr65x810c and I am experiencing the same thing. I contacted Sony, sent them pictures and was told the TV is operating within range. Sorry, that's not acceptable. I paid for what I thought was a quality product from a company that I have been a fan of for many years. This is my 4th Sony. Have never had a bad experience before now. Sony, you guys need to stand behind your produce. NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER AT ALL!  I got my set in Feb. All was fine until about 2 weeks ago when the light leekage started. 

Thanks,
Doc
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 10 (955 Views)

Good morning Enthusiast,

Did Sony cantact you trying to resolve the issue with the light bleed?

I owend the same model X900C and I bought it back in November of last year 2016. I just started to have the same issues like a week ago. Geek squad technition came today and told me that is normal I told him that when I bought the TV back in November I did not had that issue and he said that he was not in my home when I mounted the TV to see if I had the issue so again he said that it was normal. So did you bought another TV or did SONY  fix your issue?

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 8 of 10 (953 Views)

[ Edited ]

Did Sony resolve to any of you guys  your concern with the TV?

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 10 (629 Views)

Best Buy replaced mine through my extended warranty.
Thanks,
Doc
Enthusiast
Message 10 of 10 (188 Views)

I have a xbr55x850d that I'm not happy with do to this issue alone. I feel it shouldn't be considered "normal".

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook