Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 13 (188 Views)

Sound quality on 65X9300d

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I am using Wifi subwoofer connect with my tivi to improve sound quality

but I realised that the sound lack of treble very much, bass is really good.

How can I improve treble now as I see my PC speaker only 100$ can create much better treble sound.

Thank you so much!

Expert
Message 2 of 13 (164 Views)

Re: Sound quality on 65X9300d

In my opinion, you need a speaker with at least a 5" cone to reproduce vocal/midrange audio realistically.  Some exotic/expensive materials claim to work in smaller sizes but still, anything that fits in a flat screen is not going to be great.   I'd recommend adding either a traditional receiver with a 5.1 speaker set  or at least a sound bar.   Either way you can spend a little or a lot and get more or less what you pay for.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 13 (161 Views)

So, is there any way to fix in software? I see in equalizer can adjust only to 10kHz. The middle range is fine, only treble not good. I love the WiFi subwoofer br100 because it makes my room very tidy. I just suggest Sony should add 2 more treble speakers to tivi or on br100 then it can make the sound much better,. Anyways , that is just my opinion. 

Thank you so much! 

Expert
Message 4 of 13 (154 Views)

My ears are old and I can't hear much above 10KHz anyway.  There's only one more octave up there anyway and not a whole lot of content.   For me sound quality is about clarity in the midrange and especially for a TV, having realistic sounding voices.

I'd guess that the best you can do without adding speakers is to equalize the bass down on the tv itself and let the subwoofer handle that, leaving the rest flat.

Expert
Message 5 of 13 (151 Views)

Television speakers are only so good. That's why soundbars and receivers sell. You're only going to get so much out of them. Adding a subwoofer only is a recipe for producing an unbalanced frequency response. You're not going to be able to restore balance by equilization alone unless your ears or tastes deviate from the norm. Even a so so soundbar or soundbase is a better solution than what you choose as an alternative
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 13 (121 Views)

You mean Tivi is only to watch movies and news? Not listen to music, :-P, maybe that you're too old, I am just 30 now. :-D.
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 13 (120 Views)

Yes, maybe I have to change to sound bar. Little bit upset!
Expert
Message 8 of 13 (111 Views)

No, even with my ears I wouldn't listen to music on TV speakers, although I use apps on the TV to play through the receiver.  My preference for good value speakers is that set that Andrew Jones designed for Pioneer.  Maybe he did a sound bar too.

But try to find a sound check frequency sweep on youtube or somewhere.  10kHz sounds higher than any normal musical tone and there is only one octave between there and 20Khz.  The top note of a piano is about 4KHz.

When I was much younger and TVs had tubes, I could hear some sort of high pitched noise from them and could tell if a TV was on even before going into a room.   Not now - but it doesn't seem like anything is really missing out of the musical range.

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 13 (106 Views)

Yes you're right, it's olny "xet.. xet..." sound like metal hit together (I dont know how to descride it) but make whole song very good. You can try hearing this clip with and without your reciver. adjust at 8 and 16khz you will see the difference.  Smiley Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0hDK4PQuWI

Expert
Message 10 of 13 (93 Views)

manhcuongdka,

No, I said some things and you seemed to run amok and inferred all kinds of things.

First of all, my age is none of your business and my hearing is excellent. My judgement is even better.

What I said is TVs (not Tivi by the way) are by design, not optimized for the sonic experience. To produce good quality sound in a TV, you need to have room to place sufficiently large speakers and having a speaker enclosure of volume helps as well. That is antithetical to producing thin TV panels that hang on the wall and look like a picture frame. My main TV is an LG OLED C6 and it is thin. Not much room for decent speakers, a power board, tuner, main logic board, display board, etc. Thus, it has a Marantz receiver and Polk Audio speakers attached. Furthermore, my TV speakers are not capable of producing an Atmos or DTS X experience. Understand?

Next, I use my TVs most of the time *without* the soundbar/soundbase/receiver they have connected to them turned on. Only when I am watching a movie with my blu-ray player or media player or listening to music and using the TV's display as a navigation aid do I turn on a receiver, soundbar, or soundbase (depending on which TV I am using).

Now, it seems you attached something to your TV that can not produce balanced, full frequency response sound and you're trying to compensate for that decision by wanting to equilize the output. What I said is your approach is most likely faulty and you need to select an alternative that is capable of providing the results you desire.

Did I make myself clear this time around?

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook