Welcome to the Community!

4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 151 of 166 (5,602 Views)

Re: TV WIFI CONNECTION KEEPS DROPPING

This is a Marshmellow bug. I had the same problem of the wifi being not connected. Go into settings and turn wifi direct off. This will stop screen mirroring from a tablet or a phone. The wifi will no longer disconnect.

Enthusiast
Message 152 of 166 (5,600 Views)

This is not an android TV, it's one of the older ones.

Wifi direct is and always has been off. Screen mirroring from my phone to the tv still works fine though.
Enthusiast
Message 153 of 166 (5,598 Views)

I have a 2015 kdl75w850c running android and had no wifi problems until December update. Every day i would turn the tv on and find that my wifi was not connected. I found this fix from someone on this forum. Turn wifi direct off until Sony fixes this bug. This will not help people with older sets not running android and latest update.

Enthusiast
Message 154 of 166 (5,452 Views)

Hello all,

I bought a KD-65XD7505 about a month ago and i noticed the following:

Many times, when you try to access an app the internet speed is very bad.The app migh load and video will stream in the lowest quality but if you exit the app and just scroll down to the setting and wifi icon of the menu, without turning off the wifi but just "selecting it" from the menu and display the name etc then it picks up and the app runs with highest video quality.

I noticed that the issued mentioned here are of greater failures like disconnection etc which i dont face but still, having the exit the app in and go to settings in order to connect or get the best quality is annoying and shouldn t happen.

I am connected with Wifi which is very close to TV and by my very basic knowledge of how the rooter works i ll have to disregard internet/rooter connection issues as the moment is shown on the tv menu it "gets" it picks up with connectivity and speed.

Anyone facing the same?Can it be hardware malfunction so i should ask for replacement or it s a software/settings bug?

thank you in advance

evan

Message 155 of 166 (5,361 Views)

Hi, Sony Community! 

Welcome and thank you for your messages. 

There are a lot of possible reasons why we are having this network issue. One of the basic steps that you may try is the power reset. Try this and test again the unit. We recommend visiting the link below and follow the applicable steps based on the exact situation of the unit to further isolate the issue: 

For those who are using a non-U.S. model, we kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Website for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 156 of 166 (5,259 Views)

My XBR65X850C is experiencing the same issue as many here. In my case the TV did not have any issues until failrly recently when it randomly would stop connecting to WiFi. The only way to resolve this is to either unplug the TV or do a reset. Maybe this was caused by an update? I do not know. I have looked through your faq and tips, checked network setting over and over and replaced the modem/router with no improvement.What I do know as fact is that no other device in my home(Samsung and Panasonic TV's included) just randomly stop connecting to wifi and need to be unplugged or reset to get them to work again like the Sony does.

Enthusiast
Message 157 of 166 (5,254 Views)

Vincent,

Among all the possible reasons for having the network issue and possible solutions you recommend, why isn't the Sony software or hardware included as a possible reason?  Enough users have reported the problem so that a little self examination at Sony might be in order.  Maybe Sony could devote some time to fixing the problem instead of referring to worthless links.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 158 of 166 (5,089 Views)

My Sony Bravia KDL-50W800B began dropping the wifi connection regularly after a firmware update and changing Internet provider and modem. As with many other people posting here I would only get to a 25% buffer in the Netflix app, and by disabling/enabling wifi in settings or powering off the TV was how I temporarily resolved the issue.

Finally I was able to determine the new modem was only operating with a 2.4 GHz wifi network.

I reverted back to a modem with 5 GHz wifi network and have had no problems since.

I don't believe it was a reception issue, more likely an issue with the wifi receiver in the TV.

Anyway.....problem solved!

Enthusiast
Message 159 of 166 (5,017 Views)

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for trying to help, i really doubt that a power reset will do any good as the "slowing down internet connection" and then getting fixed once i just click (not disconnect and reconnect) the network icon since this issue is not constant and there are times that i switch on the television and connection is fine.

I repeat that the connections is stable since once you click on the icon you can streat for hours with good quality every time.

Looking at the majority of issues (disconnections etc) i believe that SONY should make TOP PRIORITY to fix them with a firmware update instead of letting the customers trying new modems, tricks and repetitive patterns to avoid issues. Let s remember that a smart tv has the internet features as main functions.

Enthusiast
Message 160 of 166 (4,156 Views)

This may help some of the people who are having connection problems - disable IPv6. I was having problems getting a proper connection and would watch my TV connect and disconnected at the rate of at least 20 times per minute. All good now with IPv6 disabled. Settings>Network>Advanced Settings>IPv6 setup>Disable IPv6

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook