Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apprentice
Message 11 of 31 (1,730 Views)

Re: TV keeps randomly turning itself on...

I have the same problem. TV turns on by itself. 

What I have found out it has to do with the UBS Memory Stick and installed to increase  the space of my storage.  I need to have this as the storage that comes internal to the TV is too small.

However, everytime I activate the USB Stick this happens. 

If I REMOVE THE USB Stick -- no problem.  TV says OFF and does not turn ON by itself. 

Is anyone facing this?  Can you test it? 

Thanks

Apprentice
Message 12 of 31 (1,727 Views)

It is Thursday,July 13,2017:

TV not turning itself on anymore.

I'm wondering if it was that step I took that solved the issue (see previous post).

I did two steps:

1) Turn off allowing a mobile device to turn on TV.

2)I went out for several hours,so I unplugged the TV...just in case of a thunderstorm also.

So far....no further problems.
Apprentice
Message 13 of 31 (1,723 Views)

will try you step #1 and get back ... thanks
Message 14 of 31 (1,694 Views)

Hi ericwanch,

Based on the description of your issue, I would recommend you to perform reset on your TV by following the steps on the website below:

https://sony-paa-pa-en-web--paa.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/169372 

If above steps fail to resolve the issue, please contact your local Service Centre for further diagnosis.

Thank you!

Regards

Jas

Enthusiast
Message 15 of 31 (1,640 Views)

Similar to boseguer, I have managed to isolate the issue and found the cause.

It is due to the USB pendrive used to increase apps storage from internal memory. Whenever, I registered a USB to use as storage and transfer apps from internal memory to it, the TV will start turning on itself at random time and interval. It must be trying to access data or whatever even on standby triggering it to turn on.

When I re-transfer apps back to internal memory and eject/remove the USB, the TV stays off. 2 days now without issue.

Can Sony look into this? I would really like to use external USB for additional storage space.

Rookie
Message 16 of 31 (1,619 Views)

Same issue with TV turning itself on at random times.  Seems to coincide with the latest Sony update.  Followed advice from this thread this morning and also went to Settings - Network - Advanced Network and turned off Built-in Wi-fi.  BTW have never used the USB port.  Hopeful this will take care of the problem.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 17 of 31 (1,616 Views)

No more problems here,even after turning Bravia sync setting to allow a device to turn on the TV back on.

It may have either been something to do with a Sony update,the fact that I turned off allowing a mobile device to turn on the TV. Not sure,but glad it's behaving.
Apprentice
Message 18 of 31 (1,574 Views)

I am still having the issue.  Every eve I have to disconnect the USB drive to that the TV stays off. 

Have we gotten any response from SONY?

I would like to add more android programs and would like to use the USB Storage!

Thanks

Enthusiast
Message 19 of 31 (1,489 Views)

You can add me to this list with a bit of a twist.

First, it doesn't do it often, but it does do it.

I've confirmed all the suggestions here have been applied.

I don't use a USB stick, so no issue there.

I don't have the option in network to allow devices to turn it on (never have).

Here's the twist though.  I have our x700D connected to an LG soundbar.  If I have the soundbar enabled to auto on/off, with the TV off, the soundbar will automatically turn on for a while until it times out for no activity.  Then, it will turn on again later.

I know that the TV is not really off, but in sleep mod and that there is background activity happening all the time (an Android thing).  So I know it's triggering audio output which turns on the bar.  The workaround for me is to just disable auto on/off on the LG bar.

Another twist too that appears to be related.  This TV is mostly used as a computer monitor and connected to game consols too.

Yesterday, watching youtube stuff on the computer (displayed on this Sony TV), I pressed the Guide button just to see what was on TV in case something good was on.  When I clicked the guide button again to come out of the guide, the TV instantly rebooted itself (like doing a power cycle).

I've seen it just reboot at other times but didn't make note of the condition at those times.  I will do so going forward.

I do have to say, with this being a brand new TV as of June, I'm not liking Android as being its operating system.  Just too glitchy and sometimes the crazy super slow responses that happen and have been reported.  Usually a force power cycle resolves that, but that should not happen if the software was implemented better.

Enthusiast
Message 20 of 31 (1,333 Views)

Same issue only since recent update. On randomly by itself. XBR-49X700D
Trying all of the above now.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook