4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 19 (3,717 Views)

TV keeps randomly turning itself on...

Hello everyone,

I'm in need of some advice. I have a Bravia XBR75X850C and for the last 2-3 weeks i've noticed that it will turn itself on at random times of the day/night when I know for a fact that I turned it off completely. This morning when I was leaving for work it was on so I turned it off. I'm at work right now and i'm looking at my security camera and sure enough it's on again. Does anyone know the reason why, and/or how do I get that to stop happening?

Thanks

Message 2 of 19 (3,658 Views)

Re: TV keeps randomly turning itself on...

Hi Rob53815,

Welcome to Sony Community.

The Power Saving or Sleep Timer functions may be set. These can cause the TV to turn on or off at certain times or when no activity is detected. If the TV turns on or off at regular intervals, such as 30 minutes or an hour, it is likely that one of these functions is set.

NOTE: To check whether or not your TV has power saving functions such as Idle TV Standby, On Timer, and Sleep Timer, and for instructions on how to set them up or turn them off, refer to the following:

• Set the Timer function to Off.
    1. On the supplied remote, press the HOME button.
    2. Under the Settings category, select Timers.
    3. Select Timer.
    4. Select Off.
  • Set the Auto TV on or TV auto power on setting of BRAVIA Sync settings to Off.
    1. On the supplied remote, press the HOME button.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select External Inputs in the TV category.
    4. Select BRAVIA Sync settings.
    5. Select Auto TV on or TV auto power on.
    6. Set to Off.

Thank you,

Jerome

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Expert
Message 3 of 19 (3,650 Views)

I have a strip of led light taped to the back of the tv plug into the tv usb for power. But the lights would turn on by itself even though the tv is off. I want the light to turn on only when the tv is on so anyway around that?
Rookie
Message 4 of 19 (2,880 Views)

I too am having this problem for last 3 weeks. I have done the above, also disconnected network cable, turned off wifi, hid the remote in another room. Sych is turned off but tv turns on randomly through out the day and night.
Message 5 of 19 (2,809 Views)

Hi, Bfulton01

Welcome to Sony Community! 

Do you remember what happened before this issue started? Any changes to the settings or a software update perhaps? May we have the exact model number of your unit? Try to perform a power reset and see if the issue will be fixed: https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38403/

Regards,

Vincent 

Apprentice
Message 6 of 19 (1,121 Views)

[ Edited ]

Sony XBR55X700D

Same probelm as above.

I've tried things like turning off the plex server upstairs,thinking that was triggering it,then recently,removing apps,ie: PlutoTV,Kodi,but the tv stills turns on randomly.

It didn't do that before the big update a month ago,that added pip,etc.

I have tried the above,so we'll see.

I may start unplugging it when I'm out.

UPDATE: July 9.2017:

It may be coincidence,but last night I uplugged the ethernet cable and the tv stayed off all night.

I plugged it back in at 6:30 am.At 9:30 am,it turned itself on.Signa from Sony's server? Hehe.Hmm.

UPDATE:

Have I found the problem?

I just noticed that my tv had set itself to wifi,which I prefer not to use,so I reset it to ethernet,then notuced....

Settings>Network and Accessories>Remote Start

-allows a mobile device to start the tv from a standby mode.

TURN IT OFF!

Update: Tues.July 11/17:

After 2 days no further problems....so far!

Rookie
Message 7 of 19 (1,054 Views)

I'm having the same issue. I've tried everything as instructed above and it still turns on randomly. It's in my bedroom and will wake me up at all kind of hours. The only thing that works right now is that I have the TV connected to a power strip and I turn the entire power strip off this is been going on ever since it's done an update what needs to happen I still have my receipt and it's under a year old and I still have the box I'm bout ready to return this I paid a lot of money for this TV
Message 8 of 19 (899 Views)

Hi Luckee,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

Can you post the exact model number of your TV? You can also send it to me via private message. Hope to hear from you.

Best regards,

-Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 19 (845 Views)

Hi,

I have the same problem too after the latest update!!

Model no. KD49X7000D.

None of the suggestions work for me. The TV will just turn on itself at anytime (day or night) randomly. Some time it will reboot when I turn it on with message "software download failed" or something like that. But when I checked for software update manually, it said it is upto date.

Message 10 of 19 (773 Views)

Hi, Ericwanch

Thank you for visiting Sony Community! 

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

Vincent 

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook