4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 54 (2,057 Views)

This last update is an absolute joke.

Brand new x900E 65" and PS4 pro. Every time I go to start my ps4 since this last update, red light blinks and screen shuts off. I have to restart the tv completely and even then it's not stable.

What an absolute joke, Sony. The QA department absolutely let you down. I will never buy a Sony product after this. You have lost a lifelong, loyal customer.

I have been praising Sony quality for a long time, but not after something as simple as admitting you made a mistake in your software deployment and rolling back the changes.

Expert
Message 2 of 54 (1,985 Views)

Re: This last update is an absolute joke.

Same issue with me as well. Ever since the update, all 4k content shuts off my TV and blink red lights. It's fine when watching anything else, but as soon as I start a game or watch 4k bluray, it crashes. Only way to power it back on is to unplug it. Support was no help at all and just wasted hours redoing the same troubleshooting steps only to tell me they'll call me back in a few days. So far there's no way to revert back to previous firmware either.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 54 (1,965 Views)

There was a software update on 1/24/2018 and since that moment I can’t use HDR on my PS4. As soon as a game starts and checks resolution it crashes the TV. I get 8 red flashing lights and have to restart. I did a factory reset of the TV.I checked the PS4 and after a couple of hours figured out the HDR setting on the PS4 was on automatic. When this HDR setting is turned off the issue goes away. My XBOX ONE X works fine when playing with HDR. The TV is a XBR-49X900E which is only a week old. My TV is running software version PKG6.2818.0075NAA
Message 4 of 54 (1,945 Views)

Hi All,

Thank you for considering the SONY Community!

We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Our Engineering team is aware and are currently investigating the issue.

Regards,

-Erin

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 54 (1,931 Views)

Hi Guys,

So I have found that disabling HDR on the device connected to the TV (PS4, Blu Ray player, X-Box One x etc...) works. I guess we will have to wait for a patch for the fix so that we can use HDR.

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 54 (1,842 Views)

[ Edited ]

Wow that's not good. Is the issue with all HDR content or just the PS4 right now? Has anyone had this issue with the Xbox One X? 

I've been extremely afraid of doing this update despite the constant nag screen because of the fear that it will break my TV, which currently works fine minus minor HDMI ARC issues.

Expert
Message 7 of 54 (1,810 Views)

Someone posted that his Xbox one x works fine with hdr on while his PS4 doesn't. And it's an issue with all her for me. Non of my 4K player would work but turning off hdr on my PS4 pro and I can game just fine. Definitely don't update. The update doesn't really add anything to the 900e. It's for Dolby vision support on higher end models. 

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 54 (1,544 Views)

Been having the same exact issue after the update. I also have a XB1X and PS4 Pro. The Xbox switches to hdr fine while my ps4 causes the tv to shut down and blink red lights. I think it may be an issue with the HDMI cable. I used the HDMI cable that came with my Xbox and connected to my ps4 and it switched over to hdr just fine. Still weird seeing as my ps4 used to switch to hdr just fine with the HDMI cable I always used for it before the update.
Expert
Message 9 of 54 (1,540 Views)

It's not the hdmi cable, not unless all of mine are bad. Also it happens to multiple devices, and in my case it's not consistent.  Most of the time it'll happen, but there were a few times it worked just fine. It may be that Xbox handles hdr differently than other devices. 

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 54 (1,537 Views)

It was the HDMI cable in my case. It doesn’t happen when I use the HDMI cable from my Xbox one X.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook