Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert
Message 31 of 54 (672 Views)

Re: This last update is an absolute joke.

I started a complaint with customer relation:

http://community.sony.com/t5/Customer-Relations/Terrible-support-for-Jan-16th-firmware-issue-No-call...

Same answer that we've been getting, but I'm grasping for anyway to get a real fix. Maybe if enough people complain to them, but I doubt it. At least I tried to push for a hardware swap. My case has been "escalated" for a week now and waiting for a call back...again. 

Expert
Message 32 of 54 (626 Views)

Here's the response I finally got from them regarding any other soltion. Not possible because: 

1. replacing hardware is not possible because it's mandatory for their tech to install the latest version as soon as they replace it and are not allowed to not install it. (even if the firmware is the problem...smart)

2. they are not allowed to have any older version of the software so no reinstalling is possible. (so I guess every one in stock now are magically updated)

3. android systems can't be rollback (not really true, but I can understand this point)

Then it's the usual "sorry and understandiing" answer and to keep checking eupport site to see if they post a new update, as he rush to end the conversation. So yea, return/exchange them if you can. For me, it's basically, tough ******, wait it out. Enjoy your gimped tv. So glad that in the eight weeks that I owned my tv, it hasn't worked for three. Thanks sony for all the ways you didn't appease all your tv owners that you yourself ****** off.

Enthusiast
Message 33 of 54 (607 Views)

Exchange doesnt work either because I went that route originally and got a new TV, but then the new TV does the mandatory software update shortly after and installs the same bad software. Same problem on new TV.

Sony was about to send me a 3rd TV before someone finally realized it was the HDR/PS4 Pro issue causing my red light rings. Now they are telling me I basically have to wait it out.

Expert
Message 34 of 54 (604 Views)

Wouldn’t it not update if you didn’t connect to the internet?
Enthusiast
Message 35 of 54 (602 Views)

Ahhh yeah you're probably right. I guess I should have done that originally, but I didn't realize that was the issue then.

Either way, mine seems to be working without the HDR PS4 Pro now. I turned HDR off on the PS4 and moved it to the HDMI 4 slot. I haven't had any issues since, but I also didn't pay all this extra money for HDR, to not use it either...

Expert
Message 36 of 54 (599 Views)

Yea I bought the pro and a new tv only to have to disable all the features that I bought them for. I’m more surprised that Sony offer to replace your tv at all. I assume they would either fix or give you a refurb.
Enthusiast
Message 37 of 54 (596 Views)

They didn't offer to help. I went through BestBuy then because I was still inside 30 days.

But after the issues with the 2nd TV, it was about 35 days later so BestBuy said I had to go directly to Sony.

Expert
Message 38 of 54 (495 Views)

“They didn’t offer to help”. Yup that sounds about right. We’re just a week shy of it being a month since the issue started. They failed to test their software, failed to take it down in the US after problems started, failed to handle this, and failed in offering other solutions. They can’t not update with latest firmware for part replacement because it’s their policy? Well it’s my policy not to run around ******, but if my house is on fire, guess what, that policy changes! They don’t have an older version of the software on hand? An email attachment can fix that. They just don’t want to spend money fixing their mess. 

Apprentice
Message 39 of 54 (467 Views)

Talk about buyers remorse! I have always had Samsung, but I bought x900e because it was rated one of the best tv's of 2017 and I thought I would give Sony a try. This headache has made me completely regret that decision. I cannot believe a company this size is so lackadaisical about fixing issues they caused to their customers. I keep on waiting and all I am told is the fix is coming soon. Please Sony, give us even a rough idea of how long we have to put up with this!  

Enthusiast
Message 40 of 54 (460 Views)

Dear Erin from Sony Support,
I have a Sony XBR-49X830C 49” LED 4K Ultra TV. Awhile ago, the cursor key movement buttons (up/down/left/right) stopped working. Now, whenever I’m on any screen (e.g., the Home Screen, the TV Guide listing, etc.) I cannot move around. It is stuck on whatever is the start position is for the cursor’s location. I have spoken with Sony customer support and went through the remote reset procedures twice, I have reset the TV itself twice and even bought a new original model remote – but none of these things have fixed my ability to move the cursor around. I was always instructed to "go down to Settings" for factory reset. I can't! What else can I try?

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook