Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 16 (2,476 Views)
Accepted Solution

Unfortunately, com.Sony.TV.enclave.service has stopped

[ Edited ]

I am losing my mind over this TV.  Every few days for a few months now we have had some sort of "Unfortunately" message pop up while we are just watching TV (not using apps).  Then the TV is "stuck" and won't do anything no matter what button I press.  Sometimes it restarts on its own, sometimes I have to unplug it.

From what I have read, the "solution" of resetting to factory settings does nothing, and that the only thing that works is to disconnect from the network.

Unbelievable.  This has been going on for months and there is no update out to fix it??  

Anyone out there have any solution??  I'm ready to throw this TV out.

Apprentice
Message 2 of 16 (2,391 Views)

Re: Unfortunately, com.Sony.TV.enclave.service has stopped

It happens sometime, like on our 950, and the only possible solution is turning disconnecting the tv from the Wi-Fi. I reset the 950 and it did solve a few bugs like the tv resetting itself, but the major issues are still there. Do you have a Geek Squad policy or something where they will give a updated model?

Message 3 of 16 (2,314 Views)

Hi KateNE,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. However, in order for us to better assist you, may we have the exact model number of your TV?

Regards,

^Ron

Rookie
Message 4 of 16 (2,235 Views)

Personally Ron, I don't think it makes a ****** of difference what model you have, my Sony goes through these "fits" every couple of weeks.  It varies from Google has stopped to IrbService has stopped or LeanBackLauncher isn't responding or ExternalInputServices has stopped, AtscTurnerInputService or wait, I know, WatchTV has stopped, then there is ProgramGuide isn't respondingto the one KateNE mentioned.  I won't even mention when the screen goes gray and at the bottom it shows every cable that is plugged into the TV.  Oh, I forgot about when all the apps show-up.  But the best part is when it just turns itself off!  In my case it is a Bravia KDL-50W800C.  All the dealer, a local high end outfit, says is "unplug it, wait, and plug it back in" or "would you like us to set-up a service call?"  "No, I'm ready to set it out at the end of the driveway with a sign on it 'Free to a Good Home.'"

Apprentice
Message 5 of 16 (2,265 Views)

Hi Ron, 

The model number is XBR-55X810C.

I have done the on-screen troubleshooting, checking to make sure it is updated, and the internet connection is fine.  No errors on any of that.

There is an "unfortunately" message every day or two, yesterday's was "Unfortunately the program guide has stopped".  Sometimes it is Google Play, You Tube, etc.

We just watch cable and Netflix, otherwise we don't use any of the "smart" features, but I don't want to disconnect from the internet since we watch Netflix.

Any help would be appreciated.

Apprentice
Message 6 of 16 (2,173 Views)

[ Edited ]

(Replying to JanattheRanch here)

This is EXACTLY correct in describing what is happening.  The grayed out screen that asks you if you want to wait for it to respond but no matter what you press, nothing happens and eventually it gets tired and shuts itself off.

i don't think it matters what model number either, the problem seems to be that it doesn't have a fast enough or big enough operating system to handle the apps or the internet.  I am with you - I have wanted to put it on the end of the driveway but I don't want someone else going through this!

Today's problem (so far) is the volume control decided to quit.  Neither remote would change it up or down.  

Message 7 of 16 (2,148 Views)

Hi JanattheRanch and KateNE,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

We recommend to perform and make sure that the TV has the latest version installed to fix this issue. A new version was pushed out dated April 18, 2017.

Steps to Update the Software of Your TV
Software updates often improve performance and provide new features.

For Android TV™ models:

• Check if updates are available for your TV.

By default, the Automatic software download setting from your TV is turned ON. This means that as soon as an update is available for your device, it will start downloading automatically. If you turned this setting OFF, you will have to manually check if updates are available for your TV.

• If you disagreed to the Sony privacy policy during the initial setup of the TV, automatic updates will be turned OFF.
    • Even if you revert that setting to ON, the TV will not receive software updates through the Internet - not until you agree to the Sony Privacy Policy. You can review and agree to the Sony Privacy Policy at any time by selecting Privacy Setting in the Help menu.

To check whether the Automatic software download setting is turned ON or OFF, or to manually check if a system firmware update is available, follow these steps:

1. Press the HOME button on your remote control
    2. Scroll down to select the Settings menu.

Help menu

3. Select Help.

4. In the Help menu, scroll down until you find System software update - Update the TV system software under System.

Update menu

5. Then, either use the Check for a system software update function or restore the Automatic software download setting to ON

At that point, your TV will start browsing for updates and will offer to download them if any are available.

• Download updates through the Internet directly.

If an update is available for download, the procedure to download it will be the following:

1. First, the TV will ask if you wish to proceed with the download and display the contents (new features, bug fixes, etc.) of the update.
    2. Select Yes to continue.

NOTE: You can use your TV normally while it is downloading an update.

Downloading updates and installing updates are two different processes.

• How to install the software update.

Once the TV finishes downloading an update, it will then ask if you wish to install it.

Select OK to accept and start the installation. Alternatively, you can select Cancel, and proceed later with the installation of the update.

IMPORTANT: Be advised that installing an update can take up to 30 minutes, a time during which you will not be able to use your television, and a screen with an update icon will be displayed.

Update screen

WARNING: There is a risk of hardware damage. During the installation of the update, do not press any buttons, power off the TV or disconnect it from the AC power outlet. Loss of power during the installation of the firmware update may cause the TV set to become unresponsive or require a repair.

As soon as the installation of the update finishes, you can use your TV normally again.

• Updating the software using a USB flash drive.

If your TV doesn't have Internet access and/or you wish to do the update manually, you can do so using a USB flash drive, by downloading the update from the Sony eSupport website. Go to Drivers and Software.

NOTE: The instructions for how to download the file to a USB device and install the updates on the TV are available through the Software and driver updates page.

NOTE: Additional information about the benefits of software updates is available.

Here is a link to the Drivers & Software Downloads section of the Sony eSupport website:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/select-system.pl?DIRECTOR=DRIVER

Best regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Apprentice
Message 8 of 16 (2,098 Views)

Thank you for the response. I had previously done all these steps, but went through them again.  "Agree" was highlighted for the terms, auto updates were already checked.  Software was up to date.  Troubleshooting came back no problems with internet.

However, this morning I got a message that a new software update was availble, so it is updating now. It has the "don't unplug" icon with the blue rotating arrow display.

Crossing fingers this update that this fixes the problem.

Apprentice
Message 9 of 16 (2,097 Views)

At the end of the update it asked if I wanted to agree to interactive TV, where it would give me suggestions.  Good grief. I do not want that and did not agree.  

So I have to wonder if that update patched anything or if it was only just about adding the spy stuff. I guess we'll see, will update later.

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 16 (2,028 Views)

Hello all,
Just bought my Sony XBR 75 940D December 2016 for Christmas. Last week, all of those things started to happen. I thought maybe if cleared the cache out of my memory it would jump the system back in the working right, didn't work. Sony, this tv is still under warranty if this problem isn't fixed very soon the TVs going back!

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook