Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

4K Ultra HD TV

Top 40 Artist
Doug
Accepted Solution

What device options do I have to enjoy 4K? Do I need a 4K Blu-ray Disc™player and 4K receiver to enjoy my 4K Ultra HD TV?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
Doug

Re: What device options do I have to enjoy 4K? Do I need a 4K Blu-ray Disc™player and 4K receiver to

You can start enjoying your 4K Ultra HD TV with your current Home theatre components. No new devices are needed. You do not need a 4K upscaling Blu-ray player or receiver to use with your Sony 4K Ultra HD TV.

Your current Blu-ray Disc™ player, cable signal or even your personal photos and videos make for ideal content to view on your Sony 4K Ultra HD TV.  You are already creating 4K content when you take pictures on an 8 MP camera, and now you can finally enjoy the full detail of your photos on the big screen.

Coming later in 2013,  you can enjoy feature films in true 4K resolution with the Sony 4K Media Player. It will come preloaded with feature films and video shorts. Sony will also launch a Sony 4K network video service offering access to a library of 4K movies and TV show titles*

*Ethernet connection required. Fees may apply for 4K networked video service.

Please use plain text.