4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 6 (449 Views)
Accepted Solution

X900e 65 inch tv turns itself off when I play a game in hdr on my ps4 pro

I have the x900e 65 inch and its hooked up to a ps4 pro. I have an excellent hdmi 4k chord, the tv had never given me any problems and every setting is switched to accept hdr and 4k for the games that allow it. When I first started using it the tv would shut off and blink red, but I was able to use the remote to turn it back on and the picture would be awesome and the game was fine. Now when I go to play a game in hdr (ff dissidia nt) as soon ad it switches to hdr it goes black and the red light flashes and I can't turn it back on without unplugging the power chord and waiting then plugging back in and turning the tv back on. Which is not acceptable just to switch to a game. Any ideas?
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 6 (443 Views)

Re: X900e 65 inch tv turns itself off when I play a game in hdr on my ps4 pro

It’s the firmware update. It’s been a month since it started. There’s two workarounds. One turn off hdr on the ps4. Or you go into picture setting on the tv and disable auto picture mode and set it to game. No word from Sony other than it’ll be fix “soon”. Don’t bother calling them. They won’t do anything for you.
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 6 (430 Views)

If I choose to disable auto picture on the tv will I still have the best resolution? Or do i just not hdr at all until they fix it?
Expert
Message 4 of 6 (409 Views)

Resolution will be the same. Auto picture just choose the best picture setting that fits the content. It would have picked game mode if it detects the ps4 anyway. Just note that this is a workaround and may not work 100% of the time. Sometimes it may still have issue with screen flickering as it switches to hdr or it may say that device is not support for a little bit Turning off hdr will make it stop crashing but you also didn’t buy a 4K tv to not use it.
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 6 (405 Views)

Thank you so much it works! Hopefully they'll figure out something to make it smoother soon.
Expert
Message 6 of 6 (398 Views)

Who knows. There’s more than just the hdr issue. Some people have beeping with their tv. People are furious with Sony and their failed testing on the firmware that messed up their new tv. They refuse to do anything other than make us wait. All they’ve done is to give the same bs answer about how they’re sorry and that a fix is coming soon, which was a month ago now. I just bought my tv in nov and it only worked fine for less than two months.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook