Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (788 Views)
Accepted Solution

XBR-55X850D horizontal black lines at bottom

My screen started to display black lines at the bottom. I have reset the tv many times to try and resolve. Only thing I haven't done is a factory reset, but I really don't see how that would work.

The Tv is only 5 months old. Please help.
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 4 (754 Views)

Re: XBR-55X850D horizontal black lines at bottom

I had the exact same problem you are saying you have about 5-6 months after buying my new XBR55X850D. It started with the screen darkening and after a week or so I had the horizontal lines on the bottom also, it was so bad I had called Sony about getting it repaired.

I thought there was no way a factory reset could possibly fix this after they told me to try it but it did.I don't know what caused it being the apps I had installed or what but doing a factory reset fixed mine. This was back in June and it hasn't done it since so I highly recommend trying it.

Good Luck 

Message 3 of 4 (705 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Steve_mcf48,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

We are sorry to hear what happened with your TV. If lines are displayed on the screen, we recommend following the troubleshooting steps below.

Try a solution based on the issue you are experiencing:

• Lines on the screen (vertical or horizontal lines, bands)

Lines on Screen

• Press the HOME button on the supplied remote control to display the TV menu screen. If the lines appear on the menu screen, proceed to the next item below.

Lines on Screen

• Perform a power reset.
      1. Turn off the TV.
      2. Unplug the AC power cord.
      3. Leave the TV unplugged for 2 minutes.
      4. Reconnect the AC power cord.
      5. Power on the TV.
    • Press the HOME button on the supplied remote control to show the menu screen. If the lines are still visible on the menu screen, the TV may require service.

Regards,

-Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 4 (250 Views)

Sony is sending a replacement. Waiting for final approval.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook