4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 11 of 16 (892 Views)

Re: XBR-65X850D random reboot after Firmware update

Sorry for the late response, but no it still hasn't been fixed. I had auto updates turned on and it reupdated itself when I did the reboot.  However, it happens more often when I'm using Kodi than Netflix or Hulu, but it still resets when those apps too.  So right now, I'm just using the HDMI inpot through my receiver and run my apps on my Nvidia shield.  It actually takes some of the strain off of the X1 processor so the 850D has a better picture with running the apps on the Shield.

And Erin, I have not tried contacting tech support yet.  I know they can't help without knowing about the problem, but I was trying to see if anyone else knew a quick fix before trying to get them on the phone.

Thanks,

Troy

Rookie
Message 12 of 16 (830 Views)

[ Edited ]

Just to jump on this bandwagon also.  This isn't unique to the XBR-65X850D.  

My XBR-65X850C upgraded to the latest version of Android a few weeks ago, now I get messages randomly that YouTube, or ESPN apps have closed unexpectedly, and my TV now randomly reboots.

I have power cycled manually, left it unplugged all day while I'm at work and plugged it back in, done a factory reset and re-tuned the set and I still get the issue. 

This really ******.  (Wow word filter.  This action is what a vacuum cleaner does)  

never experienced any issues like this in the year I've had this TV.  Now Sony pushes out a software update and things are broken.  

Oh how I long for the days of ******  (and again with the filter, the word is the opposite of smart) TVs that just display a picture. 

Enthusiast
Message 13 of 16 (822 Views)

Erin-Is it possible to back off the last update and run the system as it was BEFORE? Factory reset evidently uses the last Android update. Can you let me know before tomorrow?
Enthusiast
Message 14 of 16 (821 Views)

I have the same problems, the TV reboots itself almost daily now, about twice a day, I had to call in and do a factory reset to be able to get the home screen to come back up again, even after that the tv still reboots. Very annoying! Please fix.

Message 15 of 16 (794 Views)

Hi Rafaelbarriola,

Welcome to Sony Community!

Our apologies for the inconvenience that this may have caused. The Android TV is stuck in a reboot loop, or powers on and off continuously after it attempted to install the Firmware Update PKG.3.709 or higher (also known as Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)). For further assistance regarding the issue on television, please check the link and follow the troubleshooting steps provided. https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/75901/c/65%2C66/kw/The%20Android%20TV%20Is%20Stuck...

Regards,

Jay

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 16 of 16 (774 Views)

I have a XBR-55X850D with the same problem. The television does a self reboot on its own. Usually happens after I put the sleep timer on. The tv started doing the self reboot after the April update.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook