4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 201 of 209 (707 Views)

Re: XBR-65X930D faulty 3D

Hi Mntwister,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

We are sorry to hear what happened. Let me send you a private message.

Thanks,

-Erin

Apprentice
Message 202 of 209 (699 Views)

ErinC wrote:

Hi Mntwister,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

We are sorry to hear what happened. Let me send you a private message.

Thanks,

-Erin

7 months and 20 pages of complaints on this issue, and finally a response from someone connected to Sony. I know I've posted at least 3 times with no response. Wonder what the trigger was ... Be nice if it was a public response, but maybe a fix will finally come out, or at least a better explanation of how this obvious problem made it through QA than "it's in spec".

Mntwister, please let us know what their solution is!

Apprentice
Message 203 of 209 (672 Views)

ErinC wrote:

Let me send you a private message.

Why the PM?  We're all interested in your response.  We've been very patient with this issue.

Enthusiast
Message 204 of 209 (667 Views)

[ Edited ]

This will sound pretty ****** (edit: they censor s.tupid?) but I was kind of annoyed and decided to just try and wear two glasses at the same time. Surprisingly, it helped reduce the cross talk a lot BUT it is much dimmer and that might be the main reason why the cross talk is reduced. You have the angle the second pair though, otherwise it's just too dim of a picture if you put it straight on.

Highlighted
Expert
Message 205 of 209 (642 Views)

Not surprising. One of the solutions I suggested to solve this for Sony was to reduce the length of time the shutter is open on the glasses, which they do have control over. There's two reasons this can be a solution. First, if the glasses aren't 100% synced with the display, the previous frame will still be displayed when the next eye shutter is opened. Secondly, because of LCD motion blending, it isn't an instant process for an LCD screen to switch from one frame to the next. There is a crossover blend time. Reducing the shutter reduces how much of this blend time is visible in lens.

When you overlay two pairs of glasses, you're effectively reducing your shutter time, as the glasses won't be 100% exact in sync. It's also the reason sometimes the picture looks better than other times, as the glasses may sync at different positions when activated at different times.
Enthusiast
Message 206 of 209 (585 Views)

I am not sure where the private messages are here, so I don't know if Erin from Sony left one, but I did get an email so that was probably the response. I am posting this here as there is nothing "private" included so I don't think that would be an issue. 

"We thank you for reaching out to us and our sincerest apology for the inconvenience this has caused you. To isolate the issue with 3D, please refer to this link:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/59589

If the steps from the link provided did not fix the problem, I strongly suggest giving us a call at your most convenient time so we can walk you through.

Phone number: 1-800-222-7669 or 1-239-245-6354

Hours: Mon - Fri: 8:00 AM-Mignight ET 

Sat - Sun  9:00 AM - 8:00 PM ET             

Best regards,

-Erin

I checked the link and it has mainly the basic instructions for 3D with a smart TV but it doesn't really address the problem with this model. I am going to stay in touch though and try to get them to realize whats going on.

Enthusiast
Message 207 of 209 (551 Views)

morphinapg wrote:
Not surprising. One of the solutions I suggested to solve this for Sony was to reduce the length of time the shutter is open on the glasses, which they do have control over. There's two reasons this can be a solution. First, if the glasses aren't 100% synced with the display, the previous frame will still be displayed when the next eye shutter is opened. Secondly, because of LCD motion blending, it isn't an instant process for an LCD screen to switch from one frame to the next. There is a crossover blend time. Reducing the shutter reduces how much of this blend time is visible in lens.

When you overlay two pairs of glasses, you're effectively reducing your shutter time, as the glasses won't be 100% exact in sync. It's also the reason sometimes the picture looks better than other times, as the glasses may sync at different positions when activated at different times.

That's interesting. How along ago did you propose this solution? From what I understand, they only update their TVs twice a year or so, they do not do hotfixes or anything like that. So if it was a long time ago, then they probably just ignored it or couldn't get it to work.

Expert
Message 208 of 209 (526 Views)

barom wrote:

morphinapg wrote:

That's interesting. How along ago did you propose this solution? From what I understand, they only update their TVs twice a year or so, they do not do hotfixes or anything like that. So if it was a long time ago, then they probably just ignored it or couldn't get it to work.

I suggested it in this post back in February:

http://community.sony.com/t5/4K-Ultra-HD-TV/XBR-65X930D-faulty-3D/m-p/615619#M17627

Plus I also suggested it in a survey they sent me, and they responded saying the feedback was helpful and gave me a gift card, but that could have been automated so I don't know if they truly listened to my advice.

However, on the most recent update I did notice some improvement in the crosstalk. It wasn't completely solved, but it was better than I remembered it being.

Enthusiast
Message 209 of 209 (236 Views)

morphinapg wrote:

barom wrote:

morphinapg wrote:

I suggested it in this post back in February:

http://community.sony.com/t5/4K-Ultra-HD-TV/XBR-65X930D-faulty-3D/m-p/615619#M17627

Plus I also suggested it in a survey they sent me, and they responded saying the feedback was helpful and gave me a gift card, but that could have been automated so I don't know if they truly listened to my advice.

However, on the most recent update I did notice some improvement in the crosstalk. It wasn't completely solved, but it was better than I remembered it being.

I guess it's time we accept the fate of our TVs. Have there been any reports of just ONE 65x930d where 3d works?

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook