4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 5 (1,153 Views)
Accepted Solution

XBR49X800D: Remote will not input any number keys or change channels.

[ Edited ]

Most other functions work - Netflix button, volume control, Google Play, Actions/Home/Guide/ etc. all respond to pressing.

It just WILL NOT CHANGE CHANNELS. I had to find a way using my Logitech Harmony to switch to the Motorala DVR, and then use channel selection from there. Updated the TV software, unplugged and let power drain from both remote and TV - tried resetting using Sync, blaster is connected correctly to the 'set-top' box - still nothing.

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 5 (1,069 Views)

Re: XBR49X800D: Remote will not input any number keys or change channels.

I'm suddenly having the same problem. Worked fine yesterday, today the channels won't change. So frustrating that you posted this three weeks ago and no response. Doesn't Sony monitor this board to help their customers???

Apprentice
Message 3 of 5 (1,036 Views)

I have had one reply from another post (which didn't give me the solution that I needed) ~ so they do occasionally look at these boards. BUT NO, I have not had one reply or response from SONY on this matter... And from reading BUYERS COMMENTS, this happens quite often, and the solutions that they give throught the Troubleshooting Guide throught the TV are useless (remove baterries from remote, reset. Reset the TV... etc.) Nothing works. I'm about ready to return this TV and get a SAMSUNG.

Nirvananow

Message 4 of 5 (996 Views)

Hi Nirvananow,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

Have you tried calling our Technical Support team about this issue?
If so, kindly send your reference number/event ID to me via Private Message(PM) so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Apprentice
Message 5 of 5 (873 Views)

Got a hold of Technical Support, and working together, we were able to solve the problem. Mostly it revolved around the Rovi channel guide no longer being supported, and the IR Blaster needing to be reset and configured.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook