Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apprentice
Message 1 of 3 (566 Views)

XBR55A1E dropping input assignments and the remote control of even sony BlueRay products

some times the input listing at the bottom of home screen will show what each input is 

#1 Direct TV

#2 Sony 4K blueray player region free (as BDP-S6500)he listing is Hdmi

#3 Panasonic BlueRay player (as BR2)

#4 AppleTV

aed each of these can be controled by the XBR A1E when they are reported  as above

but most of the time the listing is 

HDMI 1

HDMI 2

HDMI 3

HDMI 4

(SOMETIMES THE DIRECT TV ON #1 AND THE BDP-S6500 on #2 will be reported and when they are then the XBR remote will control them)

when the input shows the Generic HDMI # the device will not be controled by the XBR remote

this is the case about 70% of the time restarting the TV will rarely fix it when they are properly displayed in the Inputs listing selecting them will turn on the device in that slot as well this is the way it should work but it seldom  is working this way.

how do I make the input designations stick properly?

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 3 (520 Views)

Re: XBR55A1E dropping input assignments and the remote control of even sony BlueRay products

I have the same TV and my problem is similar. One HDMI device is shown correctly by its brand name but the other is shown as "Recorder_1". These descriptions do not change in my case.

I am having a bigger problem trying to edit the Digital Change List. I go through the steps as outlined in the TV's online HELP but only a few channels appear for editing not all, yet they all appear when I press the GUIDE button on the remote.

When I try to edit channels via Settings, I see an endless Digital Channel List of "No Channel Stored". So I can't edit them!?

I went to "Software Update" and clicked "Update", but it said my software is up-to-date.

Can anyone help?

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 3 of 3 (454 Views)

Re: XBR55A1E dropping input assignments and the remote control of even sony BlueRay products

still no reply from sent just service on this problem and I called them on the start of october so we have this bug as well as the missing Dolby Atmos update that they ar advertising as being in shipping products

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook