Welcome to the Community!

4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 5 (299 Views)

XBR55X850D random restarts

Since the last system update, the TV will randomly restart. It happens about once a day. It's infuriating. How can I fix this?
Message 2 of 5 (218 Views)

Re: XBR55X850D random restarts

Hi Sasquatchevich,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

We are sorry to hear this issue on your television. In order to resolve this issue, you need to follow the troubleshooting steps from this link: https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42970.

Regards,

-Jay

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 5 (209 Views)

I have an XBR55X850C and have the same issue, about once every 24 to 48 hours, where the TV completely powers down and restarts automatically. We've tried all the suggested fixes and nothing has worked. I've read that other models are having issues ever since the recent January 2018 update. We didn't have issues until this January 2018 update. 

Right now I've turned off wifi completely on the unit and we're using an external chromecast and bluray player to stream content. So far the TV has not turned off for 57 hours. I'm going to try using an ethernet cable and see if it's a wifi problem. My concern is that it's related to an app or apps in AndroidTV. 

Message 4 of 5 (54 Views)

Hi Brjoce,

Welcome to Sony Community!

We are sorry to hear this issue with your unit. In this case, you can follow troubleshooting steps from this link to isolate the issue: https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42970.

Regards,
-Jay

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 5 (48 Views)

Thanks Jay; 

Unfortunately I and others in the forum have tried these fixes and so far I don't know if anyone has had luck with the fixes. So far the only thing that has worked for me is to unplug the TV from ethernet and WiFi. That's why I feel that it's app related because the TV functions without any problem once it's unplugged from the internet, in fact I'm on 107 hrs of uptime right now. As soon as I plug the TV into ethernet or use WiFi, the TV will reboot approximately every 24 hrs. 

I may perform another factory reset since I've read that a recent user had success with this. I reset the TV twice in the 4 days following the Android 7.0 update (~January 18 and 22) and still had the problem, but I may attempt another factory reset this weekend. 

John 

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook