Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 61 of 68 (1,353 Views)

Re: XBR65X850C Bravia Sync sync & ARC HDMI does not work, You Tube comes on when TV is turn on.

Try using optical cable and HDMI ARC together, then sync devices. For me it worked.

I had the same issue, initially HDMI ARC didn't recognize sound bar (HDMI CEC on), so I plugged in the optical cable as a work around. So when the optical cable was plugged in, I plugged in HDMI ARC on TV and soundbar HDMI OUT. Device sync instantly acknowledged the devices connected.
Let me know if it works. STILL ITS A WORKAROUND, Sony should have done better job on HDMI ARC. Cause any I change the entire set up, ARC HAVE ISSUES.
Apprentice
Message 62 of 68 (1,074 Views)

Re: XBR65X850C Bravia Sync sync & ARC HDMI does not work, You Tube comes on when TV is turn on.

Maybe that's my problem too because I have samsung home theater too. But that' doesn't really resolve our issues. It shouldn't happen at all. Because I'm not going to spend another $500 buying a sony home theater system. It's really sad. What's happening nowdays with my TV is that it works one day and doesn't next day. Hit and miss.
Rookie
Message 63 of 68 (759 Views)

I removed (unplugged from TV) all devices expect the Arc audio device and the TV to get Arc to sync. After it synced initially, I plugged in everything else and all works as designed.
Apprentice
Message 64 of 68 (752 Views)

Just wait till it doesn't work. But after recent TV update, it's become rare that I don't get the sound out of home theater anymore. It does happen very occasionally though. 

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 65 of 68 (681 Views)

Hey guys... 1st post here and hopefully with your assitance the last !!

I have just bought a XBR-75X850D and like many other am having ARC issues connecting to my audio system . Basically i can see the picture from my cable box without issue and the sound comes out of the TV speakers but it then does not work via ARC. It tells me if the sound is off to connect a HDMI cable to HDMI 4 which i have done ...

Basic setup : Audio System to HDMI/ARC 4 with my cable feed coming into HDMI3

When i go to BraviaSync it tells me that it sees my Audio System but on HDMI 3 and it asks me to send a Command to it which i do but nothing happens..

Any ideas ?

All software/Firmware is up to date..

Rookie
Message 66 of 68 (669 Views)

No words to say Smiley Frustrated

Apprentice
Message 67 of 68 (659 Views)

stuartfurniss, Are you sure you connected everything correct? You set up the TV to use external speakers? and your home theater too?
When you select external speaker, does the sound still come out from TV or no sound? In my case, everytime I use the home theater, no sound came out though it has ALMOST gone away now.
Message 68 of 68 (616 Views)

Hi Stuartfurniss,

Welcome to Sony Community!

Our apologies for the inconvenience that this may have caused. There are issues on the sound system if the connection set up is failed to follow. In this case, kindly follow the troubleshooting guidelines here to isolate and hopefully resolve the issue:
https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/75776.

Regards,
-Jay

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook