Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 16 (3,040 Views)
Accepted Solution

XBR65X850C Rebooting / Cycling after software update

My TV prompted me to complete a software update so I let it start while I went to another room.  Came back over an hour later and the TV is still cycling post update.  Four (4) colored ****** are showing up on screen and doing various types of effects for 10 - 15 seconds and then the TV is restarting.  The TV is wall mounted so I don't want to keep unplugging it and don't want to ruin it.  Any suggestions?

Message 2 of 16 (2,967 Views)

Re: XBR65X850C Rebooting / Cycling after software update

Hi Cr33134

Welcome to Sony Community! 

Have you tried performing a power reset? In this case, we cannot just reset the TV to factory settings. Kindly follow the troubleshooting guidelines here to isolate and hopefully resolve the issue: https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/75705/

Hope that helps. 

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 16 (2,751 Views)

Hi, I'm getting this exact problem with my x850c and I don't know what to do. I tried a power reset and a forced factory reset but both aren't working. It just keeps cycling through that animation and rebooting. I'm getting very frustrated. What can be done to fix this if anything? Is my tv permanently bricked?
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 16 (2,723 Views)

Unplug the TV.  Hold the Power and Volume Down.  Plug the TV back in.  Keep holding both buttons (forcefully) until the bottom light turns green.  Your TV will powercycle with the animation once or twice but keep holding it.  Eventually it will turn green.

Message 5 of 16 (2,588 Views)

Hi Judolf

The link to my previous post is the solution to the rebooting issue on Android TVs. Have you tried repeating the process? Make sure to follow every step: https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/75705/

Regards,

Vincent 

Rookie
Message 6 of 16 (2,511 Views)

We are having similar. Our TV (XBR-65X850C) Model is rebooting (going on and Off) after the software update (PKG3.709.0120NAB) as recommended by Sony. It is so much frustating to see that Sony can push such a firmware with out proper testing that it totally ruins TV and just makes it to reboot.

Rookie
Message 7 of 16 (2,511 Views)

We are having similar issue with our TV (XBR-65X850C) Model.

TV keeps rebooting (going on and Off) after the software update (PKG3.709.0120NAB) as recommended by Sony.

It is so much frustating to see that Sony can push such a firmware with out proper testing that it totally ruins TV and just makes it to reboot.

Rookie
Message 8 of 16 (2,510 Views)

We are having similar issue with our TV (XBR-65X850C) Model.
TV keeps rebooting (going on and Off) after the software update (PKG3.709.0120NAB) as recommended by Sony.
It is so much frustating to see that Sony can push such a firmware with out proper testing that it totally ruins TV and just makes it to reboot.
Expert
Message 9 of 16 (2,444 Views)

SONY is a joke. I agree they NEVER tested this Android 6.0.1 Update (PKG3.709.0120NAB).
This was a major operating system overhaul which moved the Volume GUI lower on screen but now the on volume On Screen display only works with Sony TV applications and does NOT work with external Audio system speakers. Total rubbish.
Message 10 of 16 (2,376 Views)

Hi kutch

We are sorry to hear this issue with your unit. Did you visit the link on my previous post? In this situation, we can try to perform a forced factory settings on your TV. Here's the link again to that: https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/75705/

Regards,

Vincent 

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook