4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert
Message 11 of 30 (1,430 Views)

Re: XBR65X850C Rebooting / Cycling after software update

@VincentM with Sony CS.

Factory Reset does NOTHING. I have done it twice. Once you update Sony TV with Android 6.0.1 Update (PKG3.709.0120NAB). There is no Factory Reset that will take you to previous factory state. It only takes you to the terrible Android 6.0.1 Update (PKG3.709.0120NAB) state.
Stop giving bad and inaccurate information!
Rookie
Message 12 of 30 (925 Views)

[ Edited ]

Firstly, this site is as bad as your TV.  You guys are losing big fans like us man.  Seriously, who manufactures a broken TV, Sad, frustrated, tremblingly frustrated, i don't know what else. I am sorry I posted it here because you could directly see my complaint.

XBR65X850C

No 3D glasses were ever made, right?.  Man!, who does that? Who??? The last thread from 2015 here is still unsolved.  This is like "Giving an awesome "OTHER BRANDS" TV but putting it inside the cupboard and locking the cupboard Cat Very Happy.

"

What is happening to "After December Updates"?  Is it December of 20-Infinity?????  TV keeps restarting by itself at least once or twice a day. Nothing works, Nothing!!! The last Sony TV a fan will ever own

Expert
Message 13 of 30 (912 Views)

Garbage service garbage tv
Apprentice
Message 14 of 30 (594 Views)

We have a XBR65X850D that we purchased Oct 2016. We had issues with the TV randomly rebooting while watching. The April 2017 update seemed to resolve this problem.

HOWEVER, the latest update that installed last week has resulted in the TV again rebooting while watching.

This is unacceptable. Watching tv or movie and suddenly screen goes black then the goofy Android symbols start their idiotic dance.

When will this get fixed? Yes, I have tried all the troubleshooting measures including the royal pain in the a$$ factory reboot. It still randomly reboots while watching.

I really doubt Sony will do much to address this issue in a timely manner.

I may just junk this TV and get a replacement of a different brand.

Message 15 of 30 (552 Views)

Hi Losttrail,

Welcome to Sony Community!

Our apologies for the inconvenience that this may have caused. There are issues on this TV after the software update.
Kindly check the link here and follow the instructions: https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/75901.

Regards,
-Jay

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 16 of 30 (502 Views)

[ Edited ]

Jay,

I am traveling until July 28 so will not get to apply the reset you directed me to until the end of the month.

However, after reading through the process and effects of it, I have to say that is a poor excuse for a fix. Deleting all the apps, channels, internet connection, is a pain.

Sorry to say, but I should have known better than to buy a Sony.

Apprentice
Message 17 of 30 (436 Views)

Jay,

Just returned home today, will try this less than desireable option. Royal pain in the ****** to have to lose all the apps I have installed.

Not very user friendly. Not happy with Sony.

Apprentice
Message 18 of 30 (427 Views)

Yes, I am having this issue too since the last update.  I agree with all of the other posters here, this is unacceptable from a company like Sony.  I tried the reset suggested as well and aside from losing apps and settings it just rebooted again tonight by itself.

There has to be a way that Sony can diagnose and fix this issue with this many people reporting the same problem.

I think this will be the LAST Sony TV I buy for my family.  The more stuff under the hood the more stuff can go wrong and when the manufacturer throws the big "reset" at you to fix the problem, then you know they don't know.

I agree with the other poster. If this doesn't get fixed soon then Sony will not be in my house anymore.

Apprentice
Message 19 of 30 (379 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello Jay.

Imagine my surprise, sarcasm intended, when all weekend long, the TV randomly decides to reboot itself. This is after faollowing your instructions for the factory rest Saturday morning.

Wonderful fun when watching a movie and suddenly the screen goes black then the little Android symbols start their annoying dance. Once this pile of electronic garbage finishes rebooting, then we can rewind to catch back up.

What a disappointment Sony is and what a waste of money this TV is.

Apprentice
Message 20 of 30 (369 Views)

It would be nice if the TV was a TV first and an android device secondly.  Maybe it makes sense to go back to the more basic brands that don't put so much under the hood to go wrong and only a TV.  I hate to give up features but when a manufacturer can't respond to an issue like this quickly then is it worth the frustration?

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook