Welcome to the Community!

4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 11 of 20 (1,749 Views)

Re: XBR65X900A HDCP 2.2?

It seems that the reps have contrasting views to what they told me. The email that they sent me said that my TV would not support HDCP 2.2 but the rep that called me said it would. Dave had a rep called me that seemed a little more knowledgeable on the topic.
Enthusiast
Message 12 of 20 (1,645 Views)

Hi Dave, I'm having this same problem with my model and when I search my model number it says not found. How do I activate?
Enthusiast
Message 13 of 20 (1,615 Views)

I'm in the same boat as Pat-J, I am in Canada.  When I go to the activation eligibility site, it says that my serial number is invalid.  I have a 4K PVR box but I can't get the resolution to 4K, highest I can get is 1080P.  I have tried all ports and using a new HDMI cable.  PLEAS HELP!!!

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 20 (1,504 Views)

Apparently there is no joy for Canadians. I received this response from Sony support; "Based on our resources the Sony's 4K Activation Program is only available in the US."

I can't say I understand this stance on the part of Sony.
Enthusiast
Message 15 of 20 (1,359 Views)

I have same issue, not sure if my 65X900A is HDCP 2.2 enabled or not.

From "https://www.4kactivation.com" I get message that serial number is invalid.

I am in San Diego, California.

Dave, can you please help.

Sanjay

Enthusiast
Message 16 of 20 (1,355 Views)

It doesn't seem the U.S. website works either. I had to PM Dave to get my issues worked out. The website and even calling customer service yielded multiple different answers for me.
Enthusiast
Message 17 of 20 (1,184 Views)

Tried calling the number provided. The Rep was unable to help and let his email he sent to that was supposed to provide me the correct contact to resolve the issue, however he sent a troubleshoot manual for the fmp-X1 player, which I do not have.

When trying to activate, the page would not let me continue because I need this device for the 2.2 feature to work. While checking your webpage for support information, it stated for the appreciation early adapters. However, never received this information
and just noticed the issue because of me adding a 4k player that will not allow 4k content.

Then tried calling the activation sites number and the gentlemen made me click yes to having this device, which I stated to him I don't and he still told me to just go ahead and click yes. The activation was complete, but when checking at home the same
thing is occurring, it won't allow the 4k content. That being said, by me click yes, they activation was for the media player that is allowing the 4k content to pass through, but not having this device doesn't fix the problem.

Please help in the matter, I have had no luck and with all support articles on your webpage state that I should have received this media player as an early adapter. It's really difficult for me to get a very expensive tv for the 4k video when finally
there is the ability to purchase 4k players but unable.
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 18 of 20 (798 Views)

Hey Dave (if you are still there),

I also have the XBR65X900A and want to see if I can activate the 2.2 HDCP on my unit.  I have also been to the activation page and have had the same response that my unit is not recognized.  Besides that page is only for the Sony Media Player (now obsolete).  I want to purchase the new sony UHD player but want to be sure that my TV will work to its full pixel capacity.

I have contacted multiple Sony support reps and sights and no one is capable of helping me with this problem.  I'm hoping you can give me a definitive answer for this problem.  I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Enthusiast
Message 19 of 20 (794 Views)

Did you ever get a reply?

Enthusiast
Message 20 of 20 (753 Views)

Hello -

No I never did get a reply. Still having the issue.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook