4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (169 Views)

XBR75 X850D stuck in start cycling, constantly rebooting

Greetings all,

I have a ~3mo old XBR75x850D that just is now stuck in a startup/reboot cycle.  It powers on, shows the SONY logo, does the dancing andriod dot thing, goes blank, comes back to the andriod dots, then powers off and starts the process over again.

I've done the "unplug it and wait a minute" thing to no avail.

I've tried the "unplug it and hold down the power and volume down on the back while plugging it back in" with no luck.

Any ideas?  It's getting pretty frustrating considering this is A) a brand new TV and B) the second one we've had because the first one we bought had screen issues and needed to be replaced.

We've also had issues with it not recognizing it being connected to our wifi (it will say it's not connected, we'll go to log in, shows it connected, then it doesn't show connected and any internet apps won't work.. it took several factory resets to fix that, at least temporarily).  To say I'm not impressed with this Sony product that we paid over $2,500 for is an understatement.

Help please por favor!

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 4 (154 Views)

Re: XBR75 X850D stuck in start cycling, constantly rebooting

hi Patriot328.

1) may know if you attach any usb devices on your TV? 

2) have you done any firmware update before cycling, constantly rebooting symptom occurs? 

thanks 

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4 (114 Views)

Hey sterlita,

No, no USB devices attached.  I haven't done a firmware update that I know of before it started doing this. It was working all day, then was shut off for a few hours. Turned back on and the problem materialized.

I bought this TV through Best Buy and also had their protection plan.  Called them up and he didn't seem to bat an eye, said they will be replacing the motherboard on the TV.  I read through some threads here and saw that was done to other models with similar problems.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 4 (73 Views)

Hi Patriot, 

You can try to do hard reset on your Android TV by following steps included at this link : 

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/75901

hope this helps. 

**please do revert here if this step succeed / failed. thanks 

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook