Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 5 (601 Views)

manufacturing defect in 4K LED screen in KD-49X8300D

Dear Sir/madam
i bought a Sony Bravia 4K TV KD-49X8300D, with a very great expectation of quality service on 28Nov2016.
Since i was buying a high end TV (4K), i had the option to buy any of the popular brands including samsung, LG etc. But i opted for sony just because of an implicit trust in the brand name- SONY.
I was sadly mistaken, as the TV broke down very early, on 7th april 2017, the screen went blank. I tried calling up the customer care, could get through on 9th April2017, booked a complaint. i was told someone will come at home and sort out the issue. So far so good.
Two so called 'engineers' visited my home and told us that the set needed to be offloaded to the service centre for the repairs. It was in the warranty period. for the next 72 hours i was struggling with your most uncooperative customer care to get my TV picked up for repairs, it was still in the warranty period. After haggling, and coercing i could get my TV sent to the centre- Star electronics in Naraina, delhi, which is hardly one km from my home. ( complaint given to manager Mr Rajeev at the centre).
I was told there is a manufacturing defect in the screen, which needs to be replaced. I put in a request to change the set as it was used with utmost care, and the problem had occurred spontaneously. My TV was still in warranty, and it was a manufacturing defect!!! A very high end TV which i had bought with expectations of good service. I was told that there was no provision to replace the set, and they would replace the Screen only. This work took some time and i was delivered the set back today( 20Apr2017). The driver of the van doubled up as delivery boy ****** installation engineer and reinstalled the TV shabbily, with all the wires hanging from the backside of the set, the adapter included.The TV is functioning, but i am not happy with the picture quality even in the HD channels. The HD channels look like standard definition ones. I am reluctant to call the customer care centre, once experienced their rude behaviour. I have been adviced to buy an extended warranty now, from the store owner from which i bought the TV.
I have lost all faith in the SONY BRAVIA brand!!!

So much for spending a fortune just to experience the Best 4K TV in Market????

Leaves a very poor taste..... Should i resort to social media, sony bashing, consumer court, appellate authorities???

Please advice.

Message 2 of 5 (554 Views)

Re: manufacturing defect in 4K LED screen in KD-49X8300D

Hi Drprafullsharma,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

Your TV appears to be a non-US model. For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

~Erin

Rookie
Message 3 of 5 (238 Views)

Hi Dr Prafull, i am also facing the same issue, recently they have changed my 49x8300D tv screen and within hours i realized the quality has been deteriorated, in my case they changed the screen at my place in front of my eyes.
My question is did you get any resolution for that, if they can not provide the quality repair parts what is the point of giving warranty or extended warranty. i ma highly disappointed with sony india service, sony is knows for its picture quality and if we do not get it what is the point.
Message 4 of 5 (190 Views)

Hello Mishraamit2485,

Greetings and thank you for considering Sony Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience. For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Best Regards,

_Bob

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 5 (178 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have experienced terrible vertical banding since purchase.  Sony sent a repair

person out to replace my HDMI board.  Ever since the problem has been worse.  I have called customer service  multiple times and have multiple refercne #'s

Ref # E64361443/#E64105115/E65392124.  

I've been trying to get the issue resolved in warranty.  Now I'm outside of warranty and Sony Customer Service says they won't do anything.  They said take it to a repair shop.  This to me isn't a good way to do business.  Sony gave me the run around while under warranty and now I'm out of warranty they say tough luck?  Come on Sony.  Step up and repair or replace my TV.  I have been a loyal Sony customer my entire life.  Tv's, Playstations, Sound Bars, Vaio computer and Bluray players.  All of my electronics have been Sony for the most part.  Please restore my faith in your product.

Look at my long list of issues 

http://community.sony.com/t5/Customer-Relations/XBR850C-75-quot-vertical-banding-issue-since-new/m-p...

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook