Welcome to the Community!

4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 6 (671 Views)

sonly bravia 4k tv .. YouTube app doesn't Load

Im having problems with the youtube app.. once u try to load it it comes up with red background with Youtube written but nothing more it just frezes there.

I have in the past reset the tv back to factory and this fixes it but i dont want to keep doing this?

Any ideas why ???

Message 2 of 6 (650 Views)

Re: sonly bravia 4k tv .. YouTube app doesn't Load

Hi sunjip

Welcome to the Sony Community! 

Thanks for your post. In order for us to better assist you, may we have the complete model number of your Sony TV? 

Sony TVs have a sticker similar to the one shown below located on the back. The sticker provides the serial numbermodel number, and manufacture date of the TV.

Rookie
Message 3 of 6 (629 Views)

Hi Dave,

Model: KD 70x8500b

Serial number.. 2652636 November 2014

The problem escalated to it having no network at all, it just said the wired network cable was not connected, trying to connect to Wifi also had no success.. it stayed this way for 3 days. .. then it came right all by it self..

Some times the tv just stops connecting to the network, then other times its fine.. the problem is intermittent...

Can this be serviced ?

Please advise my best steps ?

regards

DaveJ wrote:

Hi sunjip

Welcome to the Sony Community! 

Thanks for your post. In order for us to better assist you, may we have the complete model number of your Sony TV? 

Sony TVs have a sticker similar to the one shown below located on the back. The sticker provides the serial numbermodel number, and manufacture date of the TV.

Expert
Message 4 of 6 (622 Views)

There are two things you can do when having trouble with an app before you perform a factory reset:

(#1) Search Google Play to see if there is an update you can install. You receive most updates automatically, but automatic updating isn't always as fast as doing it yourself.

(#2) Go to Settings --> TV row --> Apps --> find the app you're having trouble with, and clear the data and cache for that app. YouTube is located at the very end of the System apps row; just hold down the right arrow cuz it's pretty long way to scroll.

There's not generally much Sony can do about the quality of Android apps. As long as the TV's firmware implements Android correctly, everything else is up to the app developer (in this case, Google). I will say that the YouTube app for Android TV was pretty half-baked to start with but has been getting better over time.

Rookie
Message 5 of 6 (106 Views)

Hello, my KDL-40W700c doesnt seem to have any clear cache option. Iv been facing please check your internet connection issue for couple of days and when i removed those apps from the list, i couldnt find them back from all apps menu. All apps menu only show handful of apps whereas it supposed to show a huge list of apps once. I cant understand the problem. I checked my wifi connection every other way possible. 

Highlighted
Message 6 of 6 (73 Views)

Hello Abhie,

Thank you for visiting the SONY Community!

Greetings and thank you for your message. On this site, we are able to provide assistance for customers in North America, Latin America, and Asia Pacific. For further assistance regarding your product, we highly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Regards,

-Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook