Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

4K Ultra HD TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 1 of 3 (246 Views)

xbr65x900e HDMI volume inconstant and ir blaster oddity

I have a new XBR65X900E, a new BDP-S6700 blue ray player, an old STRDH550 amplifier and a Spectrum (cisco) cable receiver/dvr combo.  The audio is routed out to the STRDH550 via the HDMI ARC connection. When playing a movie from Netflix (via the TV) I can set the volume to a specific level and it works great. When I switch to the HDMI inputs, the volume is extremely loud and I have to adjust it down. They are all connected via HDMI, so is there a way to normalize the volume level from the devices so that switching works correctly without any dramatic volume changes?

Also, does anyone know how to conenct the Sprectum cable box control via HDMI? It supports CEC but does not show up in the bravia controls list. The IR blaster works, but does not turn the cable box on or off, it only changes channels. 

Thanks in advance

Message 2 of 3 (228 Views)

Re: xbr65x900e HDMI volume inconstant and ir blaster oddity

There is a way to adjust the volume offset for each HDMI input. But that is just for the TV speakers. I don't think there is a way to adjust each HDMI input volume separately when using HDMI-ARC.

For my cable box I can turn it on or off by using the controls in the ACTION Menu. Just press the ACTION MENU button on the remote and there are a bunch more commands.

Message 3 of 3 (181 Views)

Re: xbr65x900e HDMI volume inconstant and ir blaster oddity

Thanks for the hints, I can turn off the cable box using the technique you provided, however I was wanting it to turn on and off with the tv and the other connected HDMI devices. Any thoughts on that. 

I still cant figure out if we can "level" the volume accross the HDMI inputs. I can if I change to optical, but then I dont have enough IR blaster channels to control the cable box and the amplifier.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook