Welcome to the Community!

Action Cam

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 8 (932 Views)

Help! X3000 and remote won't auto power off!

I just bought my x3000 and reall disappointed! Whenver I stop recording by pressing "red" button on the live remote, the recording of course stops. But after that both the camera and remote stays on forever! Why? I have all the auto power options turned on. 

This happened yesterday, I thought it would turn off and then put it in my bag. And then when I took it out at my trip, all the battery is drained!

Why doesn't the remote and camera auto power off!! The funny thing is, when recording is live, the live remote turns off the screen extremely quickly, like every 10 seconds or something!

Expert
Message 2 of 8 (930 Views)

Re: Help! X3000 and remote won't auto power off!

If the camera is connected to something (remote OR smartphone) via WiFi, it overwrites the Auto-Off of the camera.

You then have to either disconnect the WiFi-Device, OR turn off the remote which then also shuts off the camera.
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 8 (929 Views)

Then I don't get how to use this camera. So let's say I use the live remote to turn on the camera (by pressing the power button) and press the red button to record a quick clip.

Ok now I'm done recording. How do I put the remote and camera on standby such that I don't have to "boot" the device (10 seconds) again if I know I have to shoot another clip in 5 minutes?
Expert
Message 4 of 8 (926 Views)

You can directly press the record button on the camera to initiate a recording in 3 seconds from Standby.

By using the Remote you always first initiate the camera to turn on via Bluetooth, then the remote connects to the cameras WiFi hotspot, which it need to tell the camera that you wish it to record and then it starts the recording.

The WiFi connection step takes the longest in this chain, therefore you wait around 10-15 seconds.
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 8 (924 Views)

No I know I accept that wifi takes long, but I just want to know how to put the camera and remote on standby while I wait to take the next clip.

I mean at the very least turn off the ****** screen! Why does it know how to turn off screen while recording but not when it is NOT recording! Makes no sense!
Expert
Message 6 of 8 (917 Views)

Maybe this comment holds the solution: http://community.sony.com/t5/Action-Cam/When-will-Sony-Live-View-Remote-RM-LVR3-be-available-for-sal... (It's the one it highlights when you click the link).
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 8 (916 Views)

Yea I read that thread already but I dont follow.

" If you toggle the same button that shows the watch display,"

What button that shows the watch display? Theres only 4 buttons
Expert
Message 8 of 8 (909 Views)

Maybe ask wklatt for a detailed explanation.

I don't know what he means, yet the other user with the same request got his issue resolved, that is why I linked this post.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook