Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (554 Views)
Accepted Solution

High Speed on FDR-x3000

Hello all, well I just purchased the FDR-X3000 and I want, I guess what it is called High Speed video. If I have it correct, it's when the video is slowed down...a lot. So, this is going how I thought it would. So, I set the camera to, I believe it's 780 and HS. When I record a video...it's at the same rate as any other. Does the HS just give me a better video (for this type of work) in post processing. Or, once I play the video back (no post processing) should be actually be in 'slow motion'. Sorry just a bit confused by this.

Thanks all, Pete

Expert
Message 2 of 4 (549 Views)

Re: High Speed on FDR-x3000

[ Edited ]

The video still runs in real time, the camera does not automatically slow it down.

In post processing you then can slow it down a certain degree, without the video getting choppy.

For 60fps you can slow it down to 40% speed, for 120fps you can go as low as 20% speed and for 240fps you can go as low as 10% speed.

Just make sure your slowed down video never gets slower than 24fps replay speed, otherwise it won't look smooth anymore.

Out of 1 second 60fps footage you can make 2.5 seconds slowed down.

Out of 1 second 120 fps footage you can make 5 seconds slowed down.

Out of 1 second 240fps footage you can make 10 seconds slowed down.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4 (541 Views)

Hey, thank you IamNic. That certainly helps...a lot. Perhaps I looked at video that was specific to the FDR-X3000 instead of broader understanding. 

Again -- thank you. 

Expert
Message 4 of 4 (538 Views)

You're welcome.

I should also mention, that you can freely set the speed to any percentage in between 100% and the percentage I listed - it will all be fluent.

So if your project requires a 30% speed out of a 120fps video, just do it Smiley Happy

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook