Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Action Cam

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 9 (389 Views)

Is there a way to connect my computer with the HDR-AS200V camera using WI-FI?

[ Edited ]

I'm trying to record from my computer using VLC with my HDR-AS200V action cam as I've seen with other gopro cameras, but it doesn't work, Now I'm trying to find a program to record from my computer but I can't find anything 

Expert
Message 2 of 9 (354 Views)

Re: Is there a way to connect my computer with the HDR-AS200V camera using WI-FI?

Have you gotten it to play on your computer from the camera?
Expert
Message 3 of 9 (352 Views)

Re: Is there a way to connect my computer with the HDR-AS200V camera using WI-FI?

If you can get a video feed in VLC, you can simply use OBS Studio to record it.
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 9 (345 Views)

I tried but it seems that only works with other gopro cameras, I have bluestacks and I installed playmemories mobile but for some reason it cannot read the sticker
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 9 (322 Views)

sadly no, I can connect my computer to the wifi of the camera but that's it
Expert
Message 6 of 9 (298 Views)

Connect the camera to your PC via USB and switch it on.

Look for PMHOME apoearing as storage media.

Click it and locate the wifi.txt file.

Inside you will find the password for the cameras WiFi Hotspot.

- Nic
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 9 (277 Views)

Ok, I did that, but for some reason PMHOME doesn't show me any option to record from the computer, at least the version I have,and PM mobile that I use from bluestacks still doesn't read the QR code and I don't find an option to just connect the camera with the wifi despite the fact that I'm connected to the camera's wifi with my computer

Expert
Message 8 of 9 (274 Views)

The QR-code just holds the password as information.

So simply enter the password in your smartphones WiFi settings like if you would connect to a HotSpot normally.

You can't connect the PC and the smartphone at the same time.

Also the PlayMemories Home software on PC/MAC doesn't feature a way to view the cameras live stream.

There should be a way to access the stream via the API Sony offers, yet so far no one I know was able to access the stream.

More info on the current progress in the community: https://www.reddit.com/r/sonyactioncam/comments/72kygf/stream_adress/

- Nic
Enthusiast
Message 9 of 9 (8 Views)

yeah, I don't want to connect the camera to the PC and the smartphone at the same time.
I just want to connect to the PC because i have to use a Projector for an exposition

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook